Turner Falls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forget about Turner Falls. Especially on weekends. Sorry to say, but its been that way for several years. Arbuckle Lake much cleaner and safer. Recommend the Point campground which is 5 miles south Walmart. Buckhorn campground is about 8-9 miles south of Sulphur. Also Rock Creek campground is primitive, but doesn't get as crowded.

Rustytigwire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Forget about Turner Falls. Especially on weekends. Sorry to say, but its been that way for several years. Arbuckle Lake much cleaner and safer. Recommend the Point campground which is 5 miles south Walmart. Buckhorn campground is about 8-9 miles south of Sulphur. Also Rock Creek campground is primitive, but doesn't get as crowded.
Point at Arbuckle yup.
Blue river maybe? I havent been in 15+ years..

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was mine probably 10 years ago. I'm sure it hadn't changed for the better.
Not being racial but it was horrible
We were there about 3 years ago.
The Hispanic families were pretty much everywhere on the shore below the falls. I’m not disturbed by that. They have every right to be there.
We walked in, took our pics and went on down the road.
What did bother us, as In dozens of other locations, the music was so loud that nobody wanted to be around it. That seems to be a universal thing.
Perhaps it’s a method to “claim an area?”
I don’t know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom