Turning 21 soon and looking into purchasing a handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

321sage

Jefpainthorse I do see your point and agree with you mostly. I know my grip probably is not the best and could greatly improve but you mentioned that the AVERAGE handgun is made for the AVERAGe hand size. My hands about tiny. Most 15 year olds I know have larger hands than me. In no sense of the word are my hands average size.

321sage

You know you don't have to wait until you are 21? Used guns are everywhere.

As far as I know isn't that illegal? Cause I know it is illegal to buy a handgun for some under 21 and then let them pay you back the money. Wouldn't buying a handgun used be basically the same thing?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
You can't buy a handgun for someone that is not eligible to own one. It is legal to own a handgun under 21, but FFL dealers are not allowed to sell you one. Stupid, makes no sense, but that's the way it is.

So basically, you can buy a handgun on the used market from an individual.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Eh, A little late for that information anyway. Won't really matter in a month or so.

I realize this, but I was just correcting the misinformation. In case someone was reading the thread too. :)

Oh, and because I did the exact same thing 6 years ago because no one told me before either.

Eat a sandwich and get a Gen4 Glock 26.

Because fat hands will make his fingers longer? Huh?

As far as grip size, you might check out the M&P 9 c with the small grip insert. The M&P feels significantly smaller in the grip to me compared to my Glock. That would still offer you a very shootable and concealable gun, while also offering a double stack magazine. I believe the M&P9c is 12+1.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whatever you buy, go the used route. If you change your mind later on what you want to carry, you will have less of an investment in a gun that you will utlimately trade or sell. Also, you will get a better value buying or trading with an individual vs a store.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jefpainthorse I do see your point and agree with you mostly. I know my grip probably is not the best and could greatly improve but you mentioned that the AVERAGE handgun is made for the AVERAGe hand size. My hands about tiny. Most 15 year olds I know have larger hands than me. In no sense of the word are my hands average size.
My sister wears a size 5 glove and carries a Govt model..whats your point? My wife is about the same and she carries a Glock 19.

Unless your getting your gloves in the kids department your hands are average.

Latest posts

Top Bottom