Turning 21 soon and looking into purchasing a handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

321sage

Oh snap!!

It's not about finger length or size. I'm talking about getting some meat on that boy's bones. When I was in tip top shape in the police academy and rock climbing and playing soccer I was 5'8" 180.

Trust me, I have tried. All of my brothers have the same problem. We have to eat like 5-6 full size meals a day if we plan on gaining weight.

for the freakishly small...there is always the J frame smith and wesson.... in all seriousness...some of the Sigs tend to fit folks with short spans.

Alright, I will check those out.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should try P99c or M&P-c - both have very "comfortable" grip for smaller hands. Firearm is a tool, it's YOUR tool, it should fit YOU.

If you are not a competitive shooter forget about tactical stand and grips and reloads, in real world it means JACK $$!t - as clearly shown by Jay in Top Shot season 2. Find whats comfortable for YOU, watch the sights, waste lots of ammo.

321sage

You should try P99c or M&P-c - both have very "comfortable" grip for smaller hands. Firearm is a tool, it's YOUR tool, it should fit YOU.

If you are not a competitive shooter forget about tactical stand and grips and reloads, in real world it means JACK $$!t - as clearly shown by Jay in Top Shot season 2. Find whats comfortable for YOU, watch the sights, waste lots of ammo.

Thanks, I will looked into those aswell and I plan on "wasting" at least 1000 rounds with whatever I get before I would think about using it as a CCW.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
If you want to try out different guns, go to H&H, last I checked (been years though) it was $9/ea to rent a handgun on their range. Try different guns that way. The other -better- way, is to be friendly and courteous to other shooters on the range, and mention what you did here: that you're looking for a first handgun that you will carry. Most other people would offer to let you shoot something of theirs if they had something that qualified.

I know I have shot many guns doing that, and many people have shot mine.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Even with the benefits of TV editing, Jay proved that "luck" only gets you so far. Who was he arguing with about pistol shooting? "Just show me how to shoot fast" was the most telling dialouge of that whole season.

Jay is an idiot.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do me a favor... get a hold of Will Anderson (oklahoma shooting skills)he's online) and beg or borrow any fighting caliber handgun you care to try. For $80 bucks you will save more of that thousand rounds than the $80 and four hours of your life will cost you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom