Tv antenna

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harp13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought these in June 2011 and installed them in the attic and ran new cables from the signal amplifier to the rooms with TVs

From NW OKC pointing to the stations to the east in OKC, the reception is excellent.

Outoor TV antenna, J Mount and digital amplifier signal booster

The mount and amplifier that I purchased are no longer available, but were similar to these

There are some online resources to check for the best direction to point the antenna for over the air signals.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you like to tinker and build stuff…. I’ve built 3 of these so far. It is not hard and works great. I’m in OKC and pull in about 60 channels from OKC broadcasts. The one I built for my cabin near Okemah pulls in about 30 channels from Tulsa. This guy on the video is a hoot but knows what he’s doing

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Th
Bought these in June 2011 and installed them in the attic and ran new cables from the signal amplifier to the rooms with TVs

From NW OKC pointing to the stations to the east in OKC, the reception is excellent.

Outoor TV antenna, J Mount and digital amplifier signal booster

The mount and amplifier that I purchased are no longer available, but were similar to these

There are some online resources to check for the best direction to point the antenna for over the air signals.
Thank you

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to
and plug in your ZIP code. It will tell you what stations you should be able to receive, and what type of antenna you’ll need to get them. Once you know that, you can look for specific antennae.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just turned all of our Cox Cable junk in today!

Bought the cheapest RCA powered antenna Home Depot sells and we are watching free tv right now. It pixelates but once I get it aimed right I think it’s going to be alright.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good topic, I need to figure something out in this area myself. We live in the county by Medicine Park and this past storm season not only did we lose power, which is no big deal with our having a whole house generator but so did our cellphone and TV/Internet providers who apparently DON’T!! 😡 We were completely out of contact with the world and I couldn’t even find a radio station that was providing local news info. Strangely it left me with an uneasy feeling.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made my own and get 60+ channels in NW OKC. I have 5 TVs on it.

Pay no attention to the Dish, it was an afterthought to help focus the signal but it is useless.

home made antenna 1.jpg

1724461218370.jpeg

home made antenna 6.jpg
home made antenna 5.jpg
home made antenna 4.jpg
home made antenna 3.jpg
home made antenna 2.jpg

PVC and coat hanger wire with screws. It is omnidirectional too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom