Tv antenna

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fr Mulcahy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got rid of Dish network today and would like some advice on what antenna to go with since I know nothing about them, I'm done paying for tv. Thanks
A lot of it depends upon where you live, and what type of antenna setup you can do.

General antenna rules:

1) Closer to the station is better;
2) Antenna gain and direction are critical;
3) The higher the antenna, the better;
4) Quality signal amplifiers can greatly improve reception;
5) Outdoor antennas must be grounded.

Good luck!

Harp13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 504935

PVC and coat hanger wire with screws. It is omnidirectional too.
I like it. As noted earlier I bought mine

Mounted in attic aimed to the east from Yukon. It is high enough to be above any exterior obstructions between our house and most of the local stations

Attachments

• IMG_6217.jpeg
    IMG_6217.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We use this antenna in our RV with our travels around the country. Works great anywhere. Has rotator built in and so on.
Works well enough that I bought one for the TV in my shop.
From Ponca on a tower, which is a piece of conduit clamped to the side of the building, I can pick up Wichita, Tulsa and OKC channels.
Hail beats it up, but at under $50 it's cheap to change out and has only had to be done once in 5 years at our place.
When the DirectTV goes out in the house, I can still watch the TV weather stations in the aforementioned cities.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am still using the small yagi antenna installed by Cox 30+ years ago when they didn’t offer local stations on their cable. They ran coax cable to the location of every TV in our house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom