TV Shows or Movies You Could Watch Over and Over

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something just hit me about the movies and TV shows in this thread.
A lot of the stuff y'all are mentioning had theme songs that I remember (whether they had vocals or just instrumental).
Maybe just me but a lot of the newer shows - meh, not so much on themes I remember.
I think TV shows might shorten the intro so they can put more commercials in there.

TV shows like Barney Miller, Beverly Hillbillies, Andy Griffith.
Movies like Gran Torino, Rio Bravo and Blazing Saddles.

Here's one I didn't add to my list. The show was good, but, IMHO, the intro theme is one of the very best in TV history!

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gunsmoke- you know I discovered one thing in all these years- don't screw with Matt-
and here in El Reno we had a real-life Matt Dillon- his name is Chris Madsen- he was an immigrant from Denmark who had been in the army and French Foreign Legion and not long after coming here joined the Army and was sent to the Dakotas- while there he was personal guide to President Arthur in the Yellowstone area. From there he came down this way and became a deputy US Marshal working out of Ft Reno. When Roosevelt formed the Rough Riders, he joined them and became Quartermaster- after Cuba he came back to be US Marshal here again. He was one of the 3 Guardsmen and the 3 of them are credited with the arrest or death of over 300 men. The Doolin gang was the worst being hunted down in Dover and most were killed, with Madsen personally shooting 5 of the bunch. In the late teens-1920's he was Police Chief in OKC- he then became a special agent for the OK Govenor. He lived into his 90's passing away at the Masonic home in Guthrie.
There will be a special on the 3 Guardsmen 7/11 at 7pm on OETA

Latest posts

Top Bottom