UBG Holsters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20 minutes; yeah right.
I used to spend 2 days a week answering emails. How many days in a week?

Uh...7 days in a week? Do I win a prize? Seriously. UBG does build some really nice gear and I have bought a bunch of holsters from him. His website does state that you get what you get and don't be asking for any custom work or updates...he isn't too much on communications and he is upfront about it and maybe even a little in your face about it too; that's the way he wants it to be obviously. Nate with UBG tells you he doesn't want to chit chat, but he will build you a nice holster. An alternative I have found for some really nice leather work is www.tuellerholsters.com. I really like this guy's work too. He is very customer-service focused and if that is what you want, then give him a look. His turnaround time is like 3 weeks and his work is top notch. Take a look at his gallery. The last four pictures on there are rigs I had him make for me. Not bad eh? There are lots of holster makers out there to choose from. That's why many of us have a box full of the damn things. But the ones I use the most are the ones Brian from Tueller holsters has made for me. I should have a new pancake rig on my door step in a day or two for my Sig P239 from him and am ordering an IWB for a G19 today from him too. I got choices with Tueller; and personally, I like choices.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Uh...7 days in a week? Do I win a prize? Seriously. UBG does build some really nice gear and I have bought a bunch of holsters from him. His website does state that you get what you get and don't be asking for any custom work or updates...he isn't too much on communications and he is upfront about it and maybe even a little in your face about it too; that's the way he wants it to be obviously. Nate with UBG tells you he doesn't want to chit chat, but he will build you a nice holster. An alternative I have found for some really nice leather work is www.tuellerholsters.com. I really like this guy's work too. He is very customer-service focused and if that is what you want, then give him a look. His turnaround time is like 3 weeks and his work is top notch. Take a look at his gallery. The last four pictures on there are rigs I had him make for me. Not bad eh? There are lots of holster makers out there to choose from. That's why many of us have a box full of the damn things. But the ones I use the most are the ones Brian from Tueller holsters has made for me. I should have a new pancake rig on my door step in a day or two for my Sig P239 from him and am ordering an IWB for a G19 today from him too. I got choices with Tueller; and personally, I like choices.

And here it is. Just got it this weekend. I like it.[Broken External Image]

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice looking, but....it has No retention device?

Retention device? You mean like a thumbreak? Nope; no thumbreak. Holsters such as this rely on the precise fit ; the molding to the specific gun it was designed for as the means of retention. It's not really a holster I think you'd find most LEO's wearing openly anyway; and for me anyway, even though it is an OWB rig, it's still a concealment holster after all.

EricH

New to the site!
Reaction score
Retention device? You mean like a thumbreak? Nope; no thumbreak. Holsters such as this rely on the precise fit ; the molding to the specific gun it was designed for as the means of retention. It's not really a holster I think you'd find most LEO's wearing openly anyway; and for me anyway, even though it is an OWB rig, it's still a concealment holster after all.

Agreed. If you're not a LEO where you're apt to be wrestling on the ground with drunks or an open carry proponent, I've never felt the need for a thumb break or any other retention device on a concealed carry holster. Heck, my Comp-tac MTAC even relies on the pressure from your body for retention and will not work with the "Hold upside-down" retention test of yesteryear. My CZ PCR stays in my UBG tight enough that I don't see it coming out for any physical activity a civilian is likely to do short of cartwheels.

Last edited:

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

AHHH OK i somehow thought you were doing the open carry with it...still Nice leather

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed. If you're not a LEO where you're apt to be wrestling on the ground with drunks or an open carry proponent, I've never felt the need for a thumb break or any other retention device on a concealed carry holster. Heck, my Comp-tac MTAC even relies on the pressure from your body for retention and will not work with the "Hold upside-down" retention test of yesteryear. My CZ PCR stays in my UBG tight enough that I don't see it coming out for any physical activity a civilian is likely to do short of cartwheels.

Well, what makes you think I/you Wont be wrestling with some drunks, or some young determined nee'r do wells?

I use comp tac/ crossbreed holsters also, but I'm not fooled that some determined person cant grab and yank/bust those plastic clips, (not so much on the xbreed ,metal clips)

retention is mostly in the mind....like I said I thought he was gonna open carry it .... :)

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, what makes you think I/you Wont be wrestling with some drunks, or some young determined nee'r do wells?

I use comp tac/ crossbreed holsters also, but I'm not fooled that some determined person cant grab and yank/bust those plastic clips, (not so much on the xbreed ,metal clips)

retention is mostly in the mind....like I said I thought he was gonna open carry it .... :)

It is awful purty; I might choose to open carry with it, given the right set of circumstances. But definitely not to a Saturday night Drunk Wrasslin'. ( Hey Ya'll! Let's all open carry and go down to Sherlock's parking lot and get into a wrasslin' match with some drunks!)

Latest posts

Top Bottom