UBG Holsters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Baby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
His holster making machine must have broken down. I mean, all he does is throw some lever in one side of it, plug it in, and then sit around watching soap operas. What if his kid gets sick, dog gets the shits, throws his back out?? You want him updating every little time he gets delayed? Life is a delay!

Lord, He's a one man show, and if he were to spend so much as an extra email to each person waiting, or add two more fluffy "Im sorry for the delay" sentences in every daily email; those acts alone would probably set him back another 2 weeks. Wait times are guidelines, what the f(*# do you guys think, that he gets them done early just to roll around with them on his bed for a couple weeks? The only person that wants to get a holster out to you more than YOU, is Nate.

Love my canute for my M&P.!

I don't believe anywhere in my post did I bash Nate. I simply gave a timeline of my transaction and that I was patiently waiting. I did, however, elude to his method of communication as being a negative (in my eyes) and that I hoped the quality of the holster made up for that.

By my memory the posted wait time when I placed my order was 4-6 weeks and I felt I was being generous in the amount of time I gave him before following up. Not sure why you're so riled up.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
wasnt specifically talking about your post.

anyone who knows me knows why Im riled up! I go through this same stuff.
Anyone can hire a service person to answer calls, smooth out stuff. That stuff costs money, and Im sure nate (and I ) believe that in general, the client would rather pay for the holster and the fine craftsmanship, and not for his receptionist.
-remember were talking fine artisan type work here, not a dude with deal horse leather and a singer sewing machine.

thats all Ill add.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If he took the time to have a polite conversation with everyone who asked how much longer,he would never get a holster made

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me see if I read you guys right....

So, it's perfectly acceptable to be curt and condescending to the paying customer versus just being brief, yet cordial?

This:
"Did you notice the advertised wait time on orders when you placed it?? On August 1, the advertised wait was 6-9 weeks."

vs:
"I ask that you have patience as your holster is in the top of the pile and will be made next week."

Guess my expectations are just way too high.
Seems to me that it looks like less characters, ergo, time to type out the polite response....Certainly would have affected how I, the paying customer, felt. Since you guys really seem to have your fingers on the pulse of business, there's really no need to point out how important returning customers are. Let alone word of mouth advertising. (best advertising money can't buy, btw...well, I'm sure you already knew that too)

I'll reiterate that I am not knocking the man's work or even griping about the wait. Just expressing why I won't be buying the OWB version of that holster from him. Or a spare mag carrier...For that particular weapon or any other.

It only matters because I am a holster buyin' fool! Just got a Beretta 92FS the day before yesterday and have already purchased two holsters for it. A nice, leather shoulder rig and a really cool, leather, paddle holster with retention. Still need a mag carrier for that one, too...
Think I'm gonna go with a Stoner leather paddle holster for the pistol I got the Canute for. (Oh, sorry...just thinking out loud....)

If you're gonna promote yourself as a professional entity, you should probably try to be professional when responding to your customers. That's it.

Anyway, I think I've made my point and don't see any need to beat a dead horse or try to explain myself any further. You either get it or you don't.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my experience if a guy goes around looking for things to get pissed off about he'll usually find something

And, obviously, you just don't get it. If you equate my request for an order update to "looking for things to get pissed off about," then I just can't help you understand.
At least you can take solace in the fact that I will no longer be taking up any more of that mans valuable time by ordering any more holsters from him.

VicToMeyeZR

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least you can take solace in the fact that I will no longer be taking up any more of that mans valuable time by ordering any more holsters from him.

I agree 100%. I don't care how good anyone's work is. If they are going to treat you like, you buying from them is a hassle, and below them having to actually "talk" to their customers, then they don't need our business... NO need to bash this guy. He has very VALID point, if you look past your own bias for a couple of minutes.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try ordering from milt sparks and see how long it takes.personally i'd rather a guy concentrate on building my holster than chit chating with every dumb ass that doesn't understand the handmade custom items take time and the more he bullshits with needy customers the longer it takes to.finish said custom items.

Academy has several $10 nylon holsters on the rack that should work great for the whiners

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try ordering from milt sparks and see how long it takes.personally i'd rather a guy concentrate on building my holster than chit chating with every dumb ass that doesn't understand the handmade custom items take time and the more he bullshits with needy customers the longer it takes to.finish said custom items.

Academy has several $10 nylon holsters on the rack that should work great for the whiners

You mad, bro? Or maybe you're just looking for something to be pissed off about...
Keep going, I think you may really be on to something here. I feel like I'm just on the verge of enlightenment. Please continue to espouse your vast knowledge on all things related to the construction of custom holsters and satisfying whining and vile customers.
Yep, you're doing a bang up job of defending your boy!

hahaha...
Know what's really funny? Your lack of comprehension skills actually make me look at least half-way intelligent. You should not comprehend my posts more often.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You mad, bro? Or maybe you're just looking for something to be pissed off about...
Keep going, I think you may really be on to something here. I feel like I'm just on the verge of enlightenment. Please continue to espouse your vast knowledge on all things related to the construction of custom holsters and satisfying whining and vile customers.
Yep, you're doing a bang up job of defending your boy!

hahaha...
Know what's really funny? Your lack of comprehension skills actually make me look at least half-way intelligent. You should not comprehend my posts more often.

You mad bro or can you not comprehend the guy can't build holsters and hold your hand at the same time

Latest posts

Top Bottom