UBG Holsters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricH

New to the site!
Reaction score
I'm not from OK, but registered just to post in this thread.

Nate: I picked up a CZ75 Compact PCR this month and promptly ordered a UBG Striker thanks in good part to Mr.357Sig's excellent photos above of his CZ Compact in one (found by way of a Google image search).

Order #110 reporting in... so it looks like you're keeping busy from #77 up there :)

In the interest of photo sharing, here's what will be residing in that holster. Follow-up pics to come when holster arrives!

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got it yesterday. Exactly nine weeks later.

While I like the holster well enough, I'll never spend another dime with this guy. He sure ain't the only game in town when it comes to making holsters.
His last name is not Galco; Alessi; DeSantis; Mernickle; Gould & Goodrich or Bianchi, but he sure seems to think so....
If you look at this website, you can see the aggression right in front of you. "Wait times are accurate. Please do not email for a status update if it is within or less than the published wait time. I no longer provide updates if the holster is on time, which is all of them."
"Phone: I do not accept phone calls regarding holster work. Emails will be answered promptly."
"PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US FOR AN UPDATE ON YOUR ORDER IF IT IS STILL WITHIN THE ESTIMATED TIME ON THE HOME PAGE. THIS TIME IS ACCURATE, AND CHECKED OFTEN."

I made the mistake of contacting him. Things quickly went down hill from there....

When I placed my order, the wait time was "6 to 9 weeks." Ten days later the wait time was updated to "4 to 7 weeks."
At the seven week mark, I sent him this email:

"Howdy.

It's been 49 days and haven't heard a peep...
I would appreciate an update on the status of my order.

Thanks,
-B"

His reply:
"Did you notice the advertised wait time on orders when you placed it?? On August 1, the advertised wait was 6-9 weeks."

Now, am I trippin' or is that just a little dicky? Why not just answer the freaking question instead of making the effort to "school" your paying customer?
So, I asked.

He got this in return:
"Yes, and it was updated on the 11th to 4-7 weeks. Why be a dick about it?"
Followed by:
"You could have simply stated that it may be up to two more weeks for me to get my holster.

I WAS going to order the OWB version as well, but not if you're gonna give me attitude after waiting SEVEN weeks for the first holster and then copping a 'tude when asked about it.

A refund would suit me just fine at this point."

He replied:
"Do you think that for a second you could have been in a bad mood before you read my email. I didn't call you any names or tell you to look there first. Not did I tell you that I don't provide updates on "on time" orders".

I briefly pointed out to you the wait time when you ordered. I am a very busy person. I don't just sit around playing with leather all day. Perhaps get yourself in a better mood and read my email with "other that sarcasm" on your brain, and you will see, while brief, I wasn't being smart.

There was no need to call names and start flaming me.

I don't have time to type out lengthy butt kissing emails. I'm not a car salesman, I'm a holster maker and a damn fine one. You won't be disappointed in the quality of the work, and you know the price is right.

I ask that you have patience as your holster is in the top of the pile and will be made next week."

There it is! The answer I was looking for!

I responded with:
"Yes, you are correct in that I am in a very bad mood. Have had a horrible week at work and tomorrow ain't looking so hot either. (not your fault, I know)
I just wasn't in the mood for a curt response after waiting for almost two months to even request a status update. If you'll recall, I praised your work in your thread on the OSA board. Needless to say, I am quite disappointed in your candor.

When I saw the update on your website, I read that to mean that you were getting caught up on your orders and the wait time had been reduced. Apparently, an error on my part...

Wasn't asking for a "lengthy butt kissing email" merely asking for the status of my order. It might do you some good to remember that paying customers are a pretty important part of your business. The last sentence of your last email is all that was necessary and all that was requested initially.

After all of this crappy exchange, I can only hope and pray that you maintain professionalism with the construction of my holster next week. This transaction certainly feels tainted to me now all because I made the mistake of requesting an update after waiting your requisite 49 days...

-B"

And that's the last I ever heard from Nate Gable, of UBG Holsters fame.
There it is, folks...the whole ugly truth of my purchasing experience. It won't happen again.

Now I just know that you keyboard kommandos are going to tell me that a two month plus wait for a "custom" holster is nothing...blah blah blah...that's not the point of this post. This isn't the first holster I've ever bought. This isn't even the first "custom" holster I've ever bought. Again, that is not my point. After giving so much praise for his work, I just wanted to share with you my disappointment with this particular transaction.

Ever meet a celebrity and they turn out to be a jerk? Yeah, it's kinda like that....

Blue Baby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your experience BallisticBiker

Here's my experience:

Ordered Holster July 30

Inquired September 26 (8 weeks 2 days after order)
I placed order On July 30. It’s been a little over 8 weeks so I wanted to follow up on the order.
Thanks,

Nate responded September 26-
It's actually just over 7 weeks. The wait time was 6-8 weeks, then.
I know I made a regulAtor for that gun this week, but I didn't put shark on it. It's either not yours or I forgot the shark. Either way, I will make sure yours gets made properly next week.

Nate responded again September 27-
Turns out I did make it without the shark. I made a new one correctly last night. It will go out in less than a week.

October 4th- I'm patiently waiting.

This isn't my first custom ordered holster, in the past I've ordered 6 or so from High Noon, 2 from Mitch Rosen, 4 from CrossBreed, and various other holsters. Communication has been better and more polite thru those companies. Hopefully the quality of this holster will be good enough to overlook the negative.

Just my .02

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your experience BallisticBiker

Thank you for your empathy and I also appreciate your telling your tale of woe.
I'm sure your holster will turn out just fine, he is a damn fine holster maker after all.

I just wish good, friendly customer service wasn't such a dying art and apparently too much to ask for these days....

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
His holster making machine must have broken down. I mean, all he does is throw some leather in one side of it, plug it in, and then sit around watching soap operas. What if his kid gets sick, dog gets the shits, throws his back out?? You want him updating every little time he gets delayed? Life is a delay!

Lord, He's a one man show, and if he were to spend so much as an extra email to each person waiting, or add two more fluffy "Im sorry for the delay" sentences in every daily email; those acts alone would probably set him back another 2 weeks. Wait times are guidelines, what the f(*# do you guys think, that he gets them done early just to roll around with them on his bed for a couple weeks? The only person that wants to get a holster out to you more than YOU, is Nate.

Love my canute for my M&P.!

Last edited:

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with yeller's post. Nate is a one man show and does good work. I have purchased a few items from him in the past and he has never dissapointed. You guys must understand that life throws you curveballs and **** happens. Even the larger custom holster makes get behind.

My last experience with Nate was asking him if I could upgrade the belt straps on my holster. They changed after a few years and I guess I ordered one of his very early holsters. He sent them promptly and I got them in a few days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom