Ultimate Outdoor Adventure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody wanna participate in the ultimate outdoor adventure? Won't cost a dime. Hurry while supplies last! There will only be 2000-2500 of these puppies available for lifting, throwing and so on. A few members have already expressed interest such as @steelfingers @dennishoddy @D. Hargrove @kwaynem
IMG_2211.JPG
IMG_2210.JPG
IMG_2209.JPG

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking my post may have mislead some into believing I personally was going to be handling these bundles of joy.....Noooooooo. I only pick up the first couple to be sure the baler is set tight enough. The Dutchmen and their stack wagons will be here tomorrow to make this hay disappear from the field and reappear in the barn very quickly. I was just being a nice guy and offering for some others to enjoy relocating these puppies before the crew showed up tomorrow and had all the fun to themselves. They actually lay hands on very few. Self loading/unloading stackwagons and a bale grapple to stack in barn.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've done more than my fair share with "buckin" hay. The worst bales were the alfalfa ones my granddad would crank down on the bailer and Lord knows how much those m*ther f*ck*rs weighed!!!

Never was so happy to see the day when my dad and granddad bought round bailers and spikes for the tractors and trucks!!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Now I'm a very happy urban cowboy...sold my last farm a few months ago... No animals to mess with, no dirt roads with 1-2" gravel tearing up my truck or my wife's car, no ice to chop on the ponds for animals to drink and not walk on the ice.......etc.

Yep...this here city living has it's advantages!!!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I expect the bidding to begin any moment as to how "few" cents per bale the old timers are willing to accept to relive some of their youth. Last I heard of someone being paid was 5 cents per bale. Anyone going for 4 cents?

With regards to bucking bales, that is what I was doing prior to going in for Basic Training back in January of 1966. Got to Basic, and the first day of PT, the drill sergeant told all of us we would be in better shape and lose weight over the next two months, what with all the exercising.

My final PT test was worse than the mid-Basic test, and the mid-Basic test was worse than the very first one. (Of course, it didn't help that I had just got out of the hospital the day of the final test. I'd had the measles and was put in a ward with those that had Bronchitis and Upper Respiratory Infection diagnosis.)

Oh, and I gained 10 pounds due to the regular meals.

Also, I'm not bidding on the memories.

Latest posts

Top Bottom