Underground tornado shelter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigwilly

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ruff! ruff!! ruff!!

Rut Roh!

Thats not a sale, thats entitlement mentality

Is your well being of your Family during an F5 tornado worth waiting on the Gooberment?

Who said my family isn't safe? I have access to a shelter. You just asumed that because I posted a question that many people are asking around work. Then you judged me as a deadbeat with an entitlement mentality. Someone with your powers of intuition should be on TV.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who said my family isn't safe? I have access to a shelter. You just asumed that because I posted a question that many people are asking around work. Then you judged me as a deadbeat with an entitlement mentality. Someone with your powers of intuition should be on TV.

I didn't call you a dead beat.

Back on topic:

I think everyone should buy an inground, in garage storm shelter. It REALLY gives you a piece of mind!

And it feels SO great to know that you bought it with your own money!

Also, they want you to register it with the NSSA (National Storm Shelter Association) & FEMA

We didnt register... We will take our chances.

In order to get the Gov Voucher, you MUST register it, so FEMA knows EXACTLY where you have one.

<<digs tinfoil hat back out

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd get one regardless of FEMA. Why is it the federal governments job to pay for these? This very attitude is why our countries debt is out of control. More of that "I'm gonna get me some" attitude. People need to buck up and take personal responsibility for themselves.

You probably grown your own food. I'm sure you wouldn't eat the cheap government subsidized food that sold at every grocery store in America.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You probably grown your own food. I'm sure you wouldn't eat the cheap government subsidized food that sold at every grocery store in America.

Woah woah woah... are you saying what I think you are saying?? DANGIT... You mean to tell me Ramen noodles, Doritoes and Twinkies are subsidized?

ohhh im very irritated now... grrrr

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
here"s a link to an above ground safe room that survived a direct hit in moore in 2003. house was completely destroyed but the saferoom was fine. it's a vacant lot now but the safe room still stands. the home owner is a friend of mine he built a new house in new castle it has a oz saferoom too'
http://ozsaferooms.com/DIRECT HIT.htm

The pics look fake to me, especially with the after pic having a side door with the yellow OZ lettering on it and the first pics didnt have a side door on that very same wall. Maybe im a little drowsy and being a skeptic w/ those pics but i believe my common sense is still in tact.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a place up by perry that builds about 6 diff sizes and even flat top oldstyle ones which is what I am going to get,10x8x6 3or4 thousand psi concrete cellar,i want something big and comfortable,i just have to get rid of or trade my hotrod for one
I want to be deep in ground and theres room for neigh ors,pets and crap you might want to save.

HKCHEF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The whole burying things not designed to me buried idea is probably not the greatest. Keep in mind the rust factor, if you bury a bus it will rust.

And could the big govement crowd start another thread to avoid the looming lock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom