Unlimited Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should children (under 18) be allowed to open carry?

• Total voters

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I think in your case sounds like carrying at the farm or hunting I absolutely agree but not carrying in public I know there are a lot of responsible kids as yours , mine, and others but there are a HELL OF A LOT that aren’t mature enough to even look at one in a magazine
This can also be said about a lot of 21+ year old's today! Unfortunately.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very vaguely worded law / statement.

Obvious from the responses, everybody read the statement in a different context.

I seen it restricting my grandkids on my land or hunting.
Others seen kids carrying in a park.
Or carrying in Walmart.

Vague on purpose or not considering wording? Or just BAD LAW!

JR777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This isn't the kind of issue the government was ever meant to get involved in. This is something that parents ought to have the common sense to regulate, and for the most part I would say they do.

I for one find it extraordinarily frustrating that this is the kind of thing people are preoccupied with, because it's simply not a problem. If we had an epidemic of five year olds having NDs in Walmart then it would be something worth talking about, but we don't. It's a solution looking for a nonexistent problem.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This isn't the kind of issue the government was ever meant to get involved in. This is something that parents ought to have the common sense to regulate, and for the most part I would say they do.

I for one find it extraordinarily frustrating that this is the kind of thing people are preoccupied with, because it's simply not a problem. If we had an epidemic of five year olds having NDs in Walmart then it would be something worth talking about, but we don't. It's a solution looking for a nonexistent problem.
But the government cannot throw money at a problem to fix it unless a problem exists, so their first step is to create the problem, then fix it.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was16 went hunting rabbits with class mate . I was on one side of a pond he in other side .He started shooting hitting water the bullets were zinging over my head. I yelled & he quite shooting. Class mate was a town boy . Sixteen & he did not know not to shoot in the water. He later had a discharge that killed another class mate. i had a 38 special & a double barrel 12 GA. when I was 16 . I was raised in the country.
Never went hunting with this clown again. Did not hang around with him. Had I been there I might have been the one that got killed

Latest posts

Top Bottom