Unlimited Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should children (under 18) be allowed to open carry?

• Total voters

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't want to get shot in the back accidently at wal-mart by some kid that wasn't trained in gun safety by someone like myself. If there was some course like the hunters course and they were an "apprentice" under some adult that was known competent, maybe I'd feel different. ALSO, on private property, like Turkeyrun said, then it should be under the land owner's supervison. I am more thinking of young punks at 7-11 or something.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't want to get shot in the back accidently at wal-mart by some kid that wasn't trained in gun safety by someone like myself. If there was some course like the hunters course and they were an "apprentice" under some adult that was known competent, maybe I'd feel different. ALSO, on private property, like Turkeyrun said, then it should be under the land owner's supervison. I am more thinking of young punks at 7-11 or something.
Yeah, this is where I am at.

Was going to post something similar. When I was young growing up in Kingfisher County, I carried my shotgun everywhere, except when the family went into town. When I was old enough drive, that shotgun, and my .22 rifle, got put in the rack mounted on the back window of the pickup, and they went into town with me. But I never pulled either of them out in town.

Just don't see any good coming from a 14 yr old, carrying an AR 15 at a 7-11.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"...banning OPEN carry on PUBLIC LAND."

Under 18 cannot HUNT on Public land without adult supervision.

Doesn't say, walk around Walmart, 7-11 or mall.

My sons hunted alone at 10 yo, as did I.
Shotguns, .22 rifle and 7x57

Definitely some RINO and closet Dumbasscraps here. (I can, but you can't.)

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
We as a society routinely hand 16 (and younger) year olds the keys to a multi ton vehicle and turn them loose on the highways. Every year we hear of multiple tragic "accidents" wherein a car load of teenagers (always seems to be the cheerleading squad or football stars) or just one or two kids are killed either from reckless driving or a severe lack of driving skills. I would bet good money that outside of gang related killings far more "innocent" young folks die in cars than are killed with a firearm yet I don't think I've ever heard any of the usual talking heads demanding we take these death machines away from the children for their safety.
Kids that age generally do not have the experience, maturity or decision making skills to be entrusted with driving, let alone a firearm, with out competent adult supervision. 18 and older they are legally adults and should be afforded all constitutional rights, including the right to keep and bear arms.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, this is where I am at.

Was going to post something similar. When I was young growing up in Kingfisher County, I carried my shotgun everywhere, except when the family went into town. When I was old enough drive, that shotgun, and my .22 rifle, got put in the rack mounted on the back window of the pickup, and they went into town with me. But I never pulled either of them out in town.

Just don't see any good coming from a 14 yr old, carrying an AR 15 at a 7-11.
I competently took my 10/22 and 20 gauge shooting many times as a teen including before I turned 18. But that was out in the country. Heck, I fear a 14yr old shooting by themselves in the country too because you hear about people being shot in houses without a proper backstop. When I am fishing on the north end of Thunderbird, and I often I hear rapid fire in the woods coming from houses out there and I fire up the motor and move in short order LOL. I am paranoid about other people I guess...same thing at a gun range that is open to the public.

Latest posts

Top Bottom