Unlimited Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should children (under 18) be allowed to open carry?

• Total voters

Larry In OKC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm staying on the fence. While I don't really have a problem with kids carrying guns on private property or public lands under the proper supervision, how long is it going to be until some kid, or more accurately kids do what kids do...test the boundaries of their new found freedom, and start toting a gun in a public place LIKE WM or 7-11, or even worse...school. The proverbial poopy will hit the fan once again, and the left will be on it like a hobo on a ham sandwich.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With a hunter's safety course and hunting license, under 18 should be allowed to carry a firearm openly on public or private land, without immediate adult supervision. If they break a law or hurt someone, then it goes to the parent or legal guardian to get sorted out with officials.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With a hunter's safety course and hunting license, under 18 should be allowed to carry a firearm openly on public or private land, without immediate adult supervision. If they break a law or hurt someone, then it goes to the parent or legal guardian to get sorted out with officials.
So get a hunting license, and you can open carry in Walmart or open carry only while hunting?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Please, if wisdom comes with age. I’d have hated to see some of osa at 21.
I was in the service at 18 and safety was pretty much ingrained at home and reinforced at Basic..... Rifle in hand I was squared away.... Rifle put away, pure 100% grade a dumbass walking and talking trash most of the time and prolly 1/2 drunk if off duty . :cool:

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please….. you guys ever drink, smoke, race, fight in highschool? My kids were good but they sampled life. Car insurance is all I can afford, learning to drive is more important and getting a car so you can HOLD a job….JMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom