Unmanned Range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kar15ma

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for a range, really a place to shoot, looking for a place to shoot, doesnt have to be unmanned but most likely will be, to shoot for free. Dont want to pay $20 or more just to shoot while paying for ammo etc. I am sure I am not the only one, but is there any public land that is free to shoot on? Live in an apt and I dont know anyone with any land to shoot at. Looking for a place for responsible shooters to shoot for free? Know any places or any advice for me beside suck it up an pay?

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know anymore, there used to be a place between owasso and catoosa but it is being populated now.
All the ranges charge a membership fee. There is an indoor range called 2A but they charge $12 a day.
Make friends with someone with a membership to a club and go as a guest.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wagoner range. Its free, usually not very crowded, and its not as bad as its reputation. It had the shooting incident back in November but thats the only incident I've heard of. Just be sure to be aware of your surroundings, like any other place.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wagner range or the Cherokee wildlife area east of Muskogee has an outdoor range as well,just kinda a long drive from Tulsa.
Remember you need your OK Hunting License to be able to use these and other Wildlife Dept ranges scattered about the state of Oklahoma. They aren't "free-free"; their use is permitted to those with that hunting license.

The day of the unmanned, free range in/around Tulsa has likely come and gone. The places that I knew have all been closed. They were pretty scarey for the most part, with careless goobers pointing muzzles everywhere. Back in the day, about the only time I'd go to one was on a weekday, when I knew the goober population wasn't there. Walking through the piles of trash left, that seems to accompany this sort of "range", could be hazardous, with all the sharp metal and broken glass.

Happy Hollow is a much safer alternative, to those with or without a Hunting License, who want to pay as they go or are on a very tight budget.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depending on what side of Tulsa the OP lives on, the WMA range in Okmulgee is another option. It is a nicer range than Wagoner or Cherokee. For only $25 a year for a hunting license the WMA ranges are a good option for someone with no place to shoot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom