Unsupervised kids not allowed at Union football games

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pain applied early and often can prevent jailtime. My aunt was absolutely certain that my brother and I were going to be hanged, since we were, in her opinion, little hoodlums. Her kids got told what friends they could have, where they could go and with whom, what music they could listen to, and everything else. When they finally left home, all but the youngest, who got to see what was happening to the older kids, had drug problems, out-of-wedlock children, and jailtime. Bro and I have never been in jail, have stable marriages, and have actually worked jobs and gotten paid... Instead of asking mom for help with our bills. We took our chances, got whopped on more than once, but generally made better choices.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
this is the result of parents expecting the school system to raise their kids.
Unruly kids 😆 get an old man in a foul mood to walk around with a 1” oak dowel rod about 3 feet long, bet that would take care of a lot of issues.
Yep, The school is like, we don’t want them either!

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pain applied early and often can prevent jailtime. My aunt was absolutely certain that my brother and I were going to be hanged, since we were, in her opinion, little hoodlums. Her kids got told what friends they could have, where they could go and with whom, what music they could listen to, and everything else. When they finally left home, all but the youngest, who got to see what was happening to the older kids, had drug problems, out-of-wedlock children, and jailtime. Bro and I have never been in jail, have stable marriages, and have actually worked jobs and gotten paid... Instead of asking mom for help with our bills. We took our chances, got whopped on more than once, but generally made better choices.
It gives you respect!

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you have the liberal lunatic school teachers, deviates and pedophiles in Washington DC and our School system. Politicians calling violence peaceful protest and promoting people that create trouble and violence. I thank God at these times for living in the State of Oklahoma, were we have lots of responsible citizens and out number the "hate and you owe me for creating me, generation". Somebody has to teach these kids right from wrong and it appears the teachers union is doing its best to let our kids be Godless savages, uneducated idiots that think the world owes them and they shouldnt have to work or be a contribution to society. Citizens of Oklahoma need to vote more in these School Board elections and start making sure of what kind of people and the values they have as well as their agenda and why they want to be a School Board member.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this is the result of parents expecting the school system to raise their kids.
Unruly kids 😆 get an old man in a foul mood to walk around with a 1” oak dowel rod about 3 feet long, bet that would take care of a lot of issues.

I’ve still got knots on my head from my grandpa’s cane, and he died in the 80’s.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TULSA, Okla. -
Union Public Schools says it's putting new rules in place for its football stadium due to a number of disruptive kids at last week's game. .... Union says anyone not following the rules could be removed from the game.

Maybe I'm naive, but what does this even mean?
Kids at a football game. Uh, ...That's when they usually blow-off some steam.
Who decides what is considered disruptive?

The time to be young is when you're young, Kids will be kids, etc.
Is the school overreacting?
Is there more to the story I don't understand?

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the graphic saying pre-k through 8th grade must be accompanied. Pre-k? Were there a lot of those taking in a game w/o parents? If so, I'd agree it would probably be best to not send 4 year olds to the game by themselves. But they may have had 2nd grade siblings watching them, in which case it should be fine.

Iratus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I'm naive, but what does this even mean?
Kids at a football game. Uh, ...That's when they usually blow-off some steam.
Who decides what is considered disruptive?

The time to be young is when you're young, Kids will be kids, etc.
Is the school overreacting?
Is there more to the story I don't understand?
Cant speak for them but in my neck of the woods whenever pc west had games the neighborhoods and parking lots would have trash cans turned over, broken windows of cars and quite a lot of graffiti tagged things quite a few cars were tore up. It was tracked down to kids at the games leaving and causing trouble.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah i hear alot about parents dropping kids off at a game but the kids never see the game they are running around doing things they shouldnt be doing.
I can confirm that it is not uncommon for middle school and elementary school age kids to be dropped off at HS football games. Sometimes by the carload. Even a large number of parents that bring very young kids with them allow the kids to run free for the evening. However, if one gets hurt or in trouble, parents will blame school officials. My district has had a similar policy for a few years now. Some school districts have become even more strict than what Union is doing.

Our police chief has told me that the same is common when there is an event at the city park. Small kids dropped off unsupervised.

Latest posts

Top Bottom