Update! Good news! (Broken Arrow Post Office strikes again.)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had Informed Delivery for several years now. Even that's not always accurate and some mail that's shown on Informed Delivery never gets here. That's because it's scanned for Informed Delivery only at major processing centers...not locally. So Informed Delivery is only as good as the local PO.

Signing up for Informed Delivery isn't the solution...though it is handy. Having postal employees who care about doing their job, and who are held accountable when they don't, is the answer. I'm guessing there's a culture within the PO of just not caring that causes the majority of the issues. I think most postal employees do a good job. But it just takes a few to ruin it for everyone.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had Informed Delivery for several years now. Even that's not always accurate and some mail that's shown on Informed Delivery never gets here. That's because it's scanned for Informed Delivery only at major processing centers...not locally. So Informed Delivery is only as good as the local PO.

Signing up for Informed Delivery isn't the solution...though it is handy. Having postal employees who care about doing their job, and who are held accountable when they don't, is the answer. I'm guessing there's a culture within the PO of just not caring that causes the majority of the issues. I think most postal employees do a good job. But it just takes a few to ruin it for everyone.
OK, I thought it might help and you didn't mention the fact you knew about the "service" and/or used it.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
USPS often does it right. Parcel from Arizona made it here recently in under 4 days. Sometimes not so right. A 1st Class package from South Dakota took 2 week,s after making a stop in St Louis MO. Trying to figure out the SD to St Louis to OK routing still. Wonder if package made a stop in Boston or some such?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This week it's FedEx. What should've been a 2-day delivery (minus the weekend) will be a week tomorrow and the package is still wandering around Texas.

Screenshot (427).png

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This week it's FedEx. What should've been a 2-day delivery (minus the weekend) will be a week tomorrow and the package is still wandering around Texas.

View attachment 455884
We use FedEx a LOT. Most of the time they do great, but sometimes they hit us with some real doozies. Last year I shipped two packages to Austin. Same client, same building, but different recipients in different offices, so they got shipped separately. Both went Priority Overnight, both got picked up from our office at the same time, and they were going to the same address, but one went directly to the client and arrived by 10:30am the next day while the other took the scenic tour and arrived a day later.

Things have gotten a lot better over the last couple of years, but from May 2020 'til sometime in 2021, it was easier to count the number of packages that didn't take a short vacation in Memphis. Then there was one time that we had a package ping-ponging back and forth between Lenexa and Olathe for about a week...

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
We use FedEx a LOT. Most of the time they do great, but sometimes they hit us with some real doozies. Last year I shipped two packages to Austin. Same client, same building, but different recipients in different offices, so they got shipped separately. Both went Priority Overnight, both got picked up from our office at the same time, and they were going to the same address, but one went directly to the client and arrived by 10:30am the next day while the other took the scenic tour and arrived a day later.

Things have gotten a lot better over the last couple of years, but from May 2020 'til sometime in 2021, it was easier to count the number of packages that didn't take a short vacation in Memphis. Then there was one time that we had a package ping-ponging back and forth between Lenexa and Olathe for about a week...
Fred Smiths original business model was for all packages to be routed through Memphis regardless of destintion.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a similar experience with UPS last week. 500rds ammunition ordered from Freedom Munitions. Was expecting the delivery. Got a "delivered' text with a picture of the gate it was set by. Not mine. Thought I'd drive my street a bit looking for a similar looking gate. It had been an hour since delivered. Lo and behold there was the UPS truck. Stopped and chatted with the driver. Told him my "delivered; was not my address. He looked thru his device.....and said..."Oh yes, ammuntion? right? I know where I left it, I'll go get it and redeliver to you" Thank goodness.....just didn't know how he knew it was ammuntion.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a similar experience with UPS last week. 500rds ammunition ordered from Freedom Munitions. Was expecting the delivery. Got a "delivered' text with a picture of the gate it was set by. Not mine. Thought I'd drive my street a bit looking for a similar looking gate. It had been an hour since delivered. Lo and behold there was the UPS truck. Stopped and chatted with the driver. Told him my "delivered; was not my address. He looked thru his device.....and said..."Oh yes, ammuntion? right? I know where I left it, I'll go get it and redeliver to you" Thank goodness.....just didn't know how he knew it was ammuntion.
I can't imagine it being difficult to have a good idea of what is in a package with a few years experience at life.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Told him my "delivered; was not my address. He looked thru his device.....and said..."Oh yes, ammuntion? right? I know where I left it, I'll go get it and redeliver to you" Thank goodness.....just didn't know how he knew it was ammuntion.
You were lucky. This lady was not so lucky.

[begin quote]
A Tennessee woman ordered a TV from Walmart. She got the notification it was on the front porch, but when she went to get it minutes later, it was gone.

Did porch pirates swoop in and steal her TV? It appears something much stranger happened.

The Walmart deliverer took a nice picture of Christina Shearer’s new TV. It was placed perfectly on the front porch.

I opened the door and I go outside and there’s nothing," said Shearer. "And I'm like, 'Okay, well maybe maybe we put it on the side of the house.' So, I'm running down there looking on the side of the house. Nothing. And I was like, 'Oh my God.' And I'm just walking back up the house. And I’m like, 'What happened?'
Porch pirates, she told her boyfriend. And then she lost it.

And I went into my room and I just boohoo cried," said Shearer. "Because I was like, 'Why would this happen to me? Like what did I do to deserve this?' I was literally trying to buy this TV for a year and a half.
But wait a minute. Christina has a doorbell camera, and she and her boyfriend started reviewing the video. And oh my goodness, could it be true?

In one video you see the delivery men bringing the TV up to the porch. The next video shows them taking it back to their truck.

They parked way down the street and not in front of the house. She called the Wilson County sheriff who came over and watched the video with them.

I think the delivery person took it," said Shearer. "And so the sheriff looked at the same videos and he was like, that’s what it’s looking like. I was just like, 'Oh, great. Wonderful.' So it was just like it happened so fast, so fast, and I was like what now?
So she called Walmart which subcontracts deliveries with a company called Roadie. Walmart actually got the delivery driver on the phone.

All of a sudden Christina is talking to the man she thinks stole her TV, and you are not going to believe what he told her.

Why are you being such an ungrateful b**** or something like that," Shearer said he said to her. "And I flipped out. I was like, what? I was like, 'You just stole my TV. I’m not being ungrateful. I want the product that I ordered.'
Here’s where it gets even crazier. Christina says Walmart told her they are not responsible for the theft.

So basically, Walmart’s like, we’re done," Shearer said. "You got her stuff, that’s not our problem, So I was like, 'What am I supposed to do with that?'
WZTV also contacted Walmart Corporate Relations to see if that is policy. Is Walmart truly saying it is not responsible for the subcontractors it hires?

Walmart did not answer our email and we received no response to this theft.

You would think that a billion dollar company has insurance for these purposes," said Shearer. "Because you know, not everybody is honest.
Shearer says Walmart told her to call the bank.

The Wilson County Sheriff’s Office is pursuing theft charges through multiple subpoenas.

The delivery company, Roadie, a subsidiary of UPS, says they have opened an investigation and will contact Christina Shearer on March 22.

https://wpde.com/news/offbeat/walma...heriffs-office-subcontractor-roadie-subpoenas

Latest posts

Top Bottom