[UPDATE] Site been better everyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly Drown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been about a week or so now, and DNS issues are starting to clear up for most folks. I think mobile devices are still experiencing some resolution issues due to problems from the carrier but that's beyond our control.

Other than that, I'm not seeing any more e-mail issues, there have been zero database timeouts (the old server had a lot of those daily) and the site seems to be fairly snappy on this new server. Everything seems to be running great.

Any outstanding issues? Google Analytics shows we're not holding steady with traffic. We're running about 7,000 unique visitors per day. That's a lot of people. We've done 1.43 million page views (whole pages served) so far this month, and a total of 57,359 unique visitors to the site for January as of yesterday. That is excluding RSS feeds and mobile users for the moment.

I'll probably add mobile users into the stats here before long, which will probably add quite a bit. We take a lot of mobile hits to the site now that we're "mobile-friendly". There is a new update for the software that will increase "mobile friendliness" so that's coming before long and should help as well.

All in all I'm pretty happy with the new server even if it is a bit more expensive.

-Kelly

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a couple issues trying to look at the classifieds yesterday, but I'd bet it's this stupid .gov computer and not the site. No issues from home. Thanks for all your hard work on keeping this place up and running!

Latest posts

Top Bottom