Upland Bird Hunting 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birdhunter1980

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just wanted to brag a little bit. We opened the season up in Kansas and had a great time. Anyone else have any luck?

Attachments

• 20221112_165451.jpg
    20221112_165451.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 4

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa.....the KS reports I am hearing is bad-bad-bad. Them planted, public ground, private ground....talk to me!
Never ever give good reports or locations, that keeps folks away lol, seriously though. If you got a good thing going, enjoy it, be thankful but don't spread it.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took Clyde out with a dual mission of scouting for deer and hoping to get him on some birds. Well, he got his first encounter with wild quail. Spent two hours chasing a huge covey all around a cut corn field. I was a little mad at first, but after watching him for a bit, and realizing there wasn't a chance we could get up close enough to shoot them with the corn cut down so low, I just enjoyed the little guy having the time of his life. This was taken mid chaos, thought it captured the moment pretty well.
IMG_0359.JPG

We ended up going out and trying to clean up some cripples that someone had left around a pond, definitely another big learning experience. He found blood here, probably roughly where a duck landed. He wouldnt leave the spot until I checked it to his satisfaction. A far cry from blowing out coveys of birds repeatedly. I think if I do my part he'll be a solid dog eventually.
IMG_0365.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom