US Special Forces Attacked CIA Server Farm In Germany In Server Seizure Operation, 5 Soldiers Killed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pennsylvania has joined with Tx against Pennsylvania in the suit? Oh the irony!

i believe you’re referring to members of the PA general assembly filing a brief in support of Texas . The state of PA has responded separately against the suit.

The PA state response points out that it modified its mail in procedure because of the pandemic. As did... Texas.

Last edited:

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they do, it will be on legal grounds, not political. At least it's supposed to be. The lack of lower courts to even allow witness testimony in many cases shouts politicization to me. If there is somewhere where this can be heard on it's legal merits, it is the Supreme Court. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this case's validity. If the court decides to hear it, there is a very strong equal protections case to be made.

maybe so, but we aren’t talking one or two lower courts refusing, we are talking about 40-50 cases now. And, several judges have heard/read the testimonies and still dismissed them. It’s also been a hodgepodge of legal issues, some stemming from how close people could stand to whether dead dictators rigged our election.

The scotus could still easily sidestep this case and say that it’s not an original jurisdiction matter and can be addressed by the lower courts.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt any republican politician is going to suffer much politically for coming out in support of the Texas suit. If it goes for trump they look good for having supported it, if it doesn’t then they can go back home and tell folks they tried.

they might truly believe it to be valid, but either way there is little downside to trying.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i believe you’re referring to members of the PA general assembly filing a brief in support of Texas . The state of PA has responded separately against the suit.

The PA state response points out that it modified its mail in procedure because of the pandemic. As did... Texas.
Yes, I know that, but the irony of a state filing on itself is true irony.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt any republican politician is going to suffer much politically for coming out in support of the Texas suit. If it goes for trump they look good for having supported it, if it doesn’t then they can go back home and tell folks they tried.

they might truly believe it to be valid, but either way there is little downside to trying.
You're probably giving them too much credit. This case is nothing but political cynicism. They know it isn't going to work.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I think this is accurate and likely applies to the red states and their governments. With that said - I totally support the effort.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I know that, but the irony of a state filing on itself is true irony.

again, the state didn’t file on itself, members of the state assembly filed separately from the state response. As did some folks in Georgia (and against their own republican leadership).

I believe there are also members of Congress who filed against their own states for elections where their own names appeared and they themselves won.

you’re right, though, it’s a wild time to be alive

Latest posts

Top Bottom