Usernames and Avatars: What is their meaning or Significance?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love it. I remember it well. Ryan threw his glove on the ground and had this "Come git yer whippin, boy" look on his face while Ventura was charging him. Then Ryan commenced to administering a major league whippin'. Ryan looked bored the whole time. Too funny!

One of my friends, a baseball photographer, was at the game. He printed off an 8x10 for me and got NR to sign it.

No idea where that is now. Probably with my superbowl 30 stuff.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Username Buddhaman: started playin xbox in college and decided on Buddha as my gamer tag (I'm part Japanese). It was taken so I copied my friends tag (oldtornadoman at the time) and was NewBuddhaman (Buddhaman was taken on Xbox). Lots of good times as Buddha, even a good quote from a friend during a racing game "dang it Buddha, you third rate religion!" So I've just stuck with the name.

Avatar is Spike from Cowboy Bebop. Best Anime in my book and he is a certified bad a**.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My username.....I'm 6'3", 380 lbs, and I've been a CPA for the last 38 years.
My avatar is the rather famous and colorful Marine Corp General Lewis Burwell "Chesty" Puller. All Marines, of which I am one (1968-1970), learn his story in bootcamp. He's famous for a few of his quotes including "they have us surrounded, that simplifies the problem" and "All right. They're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us and they're behind us. They can't get away this time!"

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Username - I used to shoot cowboy action matches and after some decent quickdraw shots a guy called me hipshot and it stuck!
Avatar - I am technologically challenged and don't know how to post one? LOL

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love it. I remember it well. Ryan threw his glove on the ground and had this "Come git yer whippin, boy" look on his face while Ventura was charging him. Then Ryan commenced to administering a major league whippin'. Ryan looked bored the whole time. Too funny!
I remember that, too. Ryan called it a "steer mugging." :thumb:

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Defnestor is my character from the computer Spelljammer game I played years ago. It's a modification of defenestrator. Defenestration is the act of hurling someone from a high place.
Avatar is Lobo from DC comics, an interstellar psychopath who earns money as a bounty hunter and mercenary. He is the epitome of what gun-grabbers assume all gun owners are like.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot just how boring I really am. User name is just my initials, and haven't found an avatar bland enough to represent me!

But, I have really enjoyed reading all the stories, and I actually believe some of them!

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is for my son. Tony Kane is his name. And the 1 is because he is my number 1. The avatar is none other than the bastard son of 100 maniacs himself, and my horror movie idol, Freddy Krueger. I even have him tattooed on my right forearm. And Jason Voorhees on the left. As if they are facing off. That's what mine means.

Latest posts

Top Bottom