Usernames and Avatars: What is their meaning or Significance?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HMCS is the my retired Navy rank and rating - Senior Chief Hospital Corpsman (a Navy Medic, E8). FMF - Fleet Marine Force, was my warfare designator (specialized in working with the Marines....and spent all my operational career assigned to Marine units). My avatar is a Navy camouflage uniform with the FMF badge. I still love the Marines an tend to identify myself more with them than the Navy. No disrespect to the Navy, but I feel at home with the Marines.

Travis798

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think I have an avatar on these forums.

My username is my first name and I'm a member of Pipeliners Local Union 798, so I just threw on the 798.

I've been a member of so many forums over the years, and get them all jumbled up, so I'll edit this if I got my username wrong, or I do have an avatar.

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grindstone is just a username I've been using for nearly a decade, mostly with online gaming. It very, very loosely is relatable to my surname. My avatar is some Libyan dude about to **** **** up during their civil war. To quote "Drive me closer; I want to hit them with my sword!"

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Avatar - a pencil drawing of my old dog; lived 16 years.
Sig - pic of my current dog; another great little guy.
Username - ronny, that's me, or it was back in high school at dear old Wilson High. Now most call me Ron. When someone calls me Ronny, I know where they're from.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for bumping this thread AJ!

I had somehow missed it before, and read the entire thing the other day.

I think the meaning of my user name and avatar are easy enough to figure out. If anyone gets stumped, let me know. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom