Vehicle carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a $70 ticket. Don't worry about it.
The $70 ticket is PLUS court costs, which can add $100's to the tab in some localities. The pistol may also be confiscated. Think twice about transporting a LOADED gun improperly.

Unloaded is a horse of a different color and can be accomplished legally, without a SDA license.

Jace

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can the pistol magazine still be loaded, even tho the gun must remain unloaded? If so, where do you carry the loaded magazine inside the vehicle? Thanks for info

WAGS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, my take on it is that she can have a pistol in the car with her, in a gun case, unloaded, in open view. Not a big problem as a pistol can be loaded in two or three seconds if needs be.

So how 'bout them apples, Mr. WAGS? Mighty fine apples, I'd say!

Well Played Sir!! I Just Felt It Necessary To Randomely Smartoff To A Fellow 11.

WAGS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, my take on it is that she can have a pistol in the car with her, in a gun case, unloaded, in open view. Not a big problem as a pistol can be loaded in two or three seconds if needs be.

So how 'bout them apples, Mr. WAGS? Mighty fine apples, I'd say!

Well Played Sir!! I Just Felt It Necessary To Randomely Smartoff To A Fellow 11.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Can the pistol magazine still be loaded, even tho the gun must remain unloaded? If so, where do you carry the loaded magazine inside the vehicle? Thanks for info

Before I got my CCL, I carried my speed loader in my shirt pocket, or in that map pocket deal that's on the driver's door. It's a pretty generous law for a citizen who doesn't have a CCL, especially if the car breaks down and the wrong people stop to help...

xdmspringer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always thought and been told by my license instructor that the loaded firearm must be on your side of the vehicle when someone else is in it with you and i always assumed that the firearm would be takwn and a hellacious fine would be given if someone not licensed to carry had a loaded firearm in their "possession"

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always thought and been told by my license instructor that the loaded firearm must be on your side of the vehicle when someone else is in it with you and i always assumed that the firearm would be takwn and a hellacious fine would be given if someone not licensed to carry had a loaded firearm in their "possession"

There is nowhere in state law that says this. Your instructor gave you wrong information. The law actually says that an unlicensed person in possession of a firearm in a vehicle is not in violation if any person in the vehicle is a handgun licensee.

I had a talk last year with an Oklahoma Supreme Court Justice on this subject who told me that our state law would allow an unlicensed person to carry an unloaded handgun on the passenger seat with a loaded magazine rubberbanded to the grip.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The $70 ticket is PLUS court costs, which can add $100's to the tab in some localities. The pistol may also be confiscated. Think twice about transporting a LOADED gun improperly.

Unloaded is a horse of a different color and can be accomplished legally, without a SDA license.

Incorrect, it may NOT be confiscated.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is nowhere in state law that says this. Your instructor gave you wrong information. The law actually says that an unlicensed person in possession of a firearm in a vehicle is not in violation if any person in the vehicle is a handgun licensee.

I had a talk last year with an Oklahoma Supreme Court Justice on this subject who told me that our state law would allow an unlicensed person to carry an unloaded handgun on the passenger seat with a loaded magazine rubberbanded to the grip.

this was my understanding as well. I had an officer pull me over(long story) and he told me I was carrying my firearms wrong. he cited no code nor did he write me a citation, but I didn't argue with him. I simply said I thought I was legal; pistol was in a locked container with a loaded magazine in the container as well as loaded magazines in the cab(not in the locked container).

Latest posts

Top Bottom