VEPR 54r

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thought I'd post up my new toy. I like the AK platform and wanted something that would eat .18 cent a round 7.62x54r ammo. Any other VEPR owners out there?

i1190.photobucket.com_albums_z444_sceptrex_vepr_zps8af3079d.jpg

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
beautiful rifle! Sanjour has a .308VEPR i believe.

Thanks been. At first I wasn't too crazy about that buttstock, now it's one of the things I like about it. I'm a lefty, but for some reason I shoot right handed. Good thing huh? The concussion and the muzzle blast from that 16" barrel is pretty impressive.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to change the furniture to the Robinson arms urethane plastic style, check out roninsgrips.com. Though the wood looks nice too.

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
10seconds, I'd say it's roughly 75% or less of the kick of a Mosin, even at the lighter weight.

N8, it's not hard at all to clean. I do need to get a bore brush for the gas tube, but I'm overly anal about cleaning, so the corrosive thing in my case is a non-factor.

348, at first I thought I wanted to change the furniture, but once I actually got it in my hands I liked the feel, and the look is growing on me pretty fast.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool rifle. Now stock up on the ammo, before it turns to "out of stock" everywhere, too. So far, x54 is still the benchmark of sanity concerning price and availability.

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool rifle. Now stock up on the ammo, before it turns to "out of stock" everywhere, too. So far, x54 is still the benchmark of sanity concerning price and availability.
You're exactly right. I started out wanting an AK74 because of the cheap ammo (and because I want an AK74 lol) but when the frenzy hit, the surplus just evaporated. SGammo doesn't even stock 5.45x39 but they are constantly replenishing their 54r. The VEPR in 54r seemed to be a logical choice.

Bear88SS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one as well, really didn't want to like the wood so I could put a folder on there but just like you turns out the stock is REALLY comfortable for irons, and just needs a slip on riser for the scope mount. I found the PPU match light ball boat tail to be capable of under 1.5" with a scope on my 16" model at 100 yards and my less than stellar skills.

Latest posts

Top Bottom