veterans headed to Standing Rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first thought about the pipeline was yeah, they shouldn't be going over sacred indian ground. But then I heard a story on the radio that there were plenty of public meetings in the planning stages of the pipeline and no one showed up from the reservation.
So now they're all pissed off.

So I reserve judgement on this issue.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you not a super moderator? It would be interesting to see some site stats and some trending of the % of post made by moderators from 2006 when I started hanging around and compare that to today. I bet moderators make a lot more of the conversations on the site now. This is not a good thing.

These protestors are breaking the law, vandalizing property, killing ranchers livestock for food. The liberal media is portraying them as innocent which is a blatant fabrication.

i am not a super moderator.

I'm sure it would be. I don't recall exactly how active they were when i joined in 2005, but moderators have always been members and free to engage in discussions beyond just 'moderating' them. That hasn't changed.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first thought about the pipeline was yeah, they shouldn't be going over sacred indian ground. But then I heard a story on the radio that there were plenty of public meetings in the planning stages of the pipeline and no one showed up from the reservation.
So now they're all pissed off.

So I reserve judgement on this issue.

What people aren't being told is this new pipeline is going through the same easements as at least one existing pipeline. And the tribe has a new multimillion dollar water treatment facility that sources the water from a completely different source that doesn't dry up. This new facility should be online in a couple months.

Last edited:

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i am not a super moderator.

I'm sure it would be. I don't recall exactly how active they were when i joined in 2005, but moderators have always been members and free to engage in discussions beyond just 'moderating' them. That hasn't changed.

My point is, as users, user activity, and conversations decline, a larger percentage of the activity is made up by moderators.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Really? What do you expect when you search for fox?
Nice save! ;)

Yea, that's kinda how google works. If you want to avoid "a bunch leftist liberal sites," you can search for the more conservative ones along with the story. You even get to see them on the first page. No more wading for you, you're welcome

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow. A search for veterans standing rock was what I would imagine searching for "Hillary is awesome" would be. A bunch of leftists liberal sites are carrying this news. No wonder you are bringing it up.

One thing I didn't know was going on, but at least now I am educated; the evil militarized police are doing strip searches and cavity exams on the poor, obviously innocent protestors who just care about clean drinking water according to one of the sites that is carrying the news.

This is exactly why this site has gone to the suck level. OSA has a super moderator publishing liberal ******** on a site that would mostly be visited by gun toting conservative leaning individuals. Way to run a site into the ground!

http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/12/...m-human-shield-around-protesters-photosvideo/
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I decided to post about it here after talking to my uncle about it. He's a veteran, and has arrived with a group at Standing Rock. I got my news from him, somebody that I trust and is actually there. If that threatens your "gun toting conservative" safe-space, go phuck yourself.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will be fun to see how many "protestors" there are next week after mother nature blows in. Some water canons and below zero wind chills would do wonders at cleaning up these Soros paid shills. Hope they all freeze to death.!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
It seems to me, when I joined, that J.P., Michael Brown, 8cylFirebird, and some of the moderators then posted more proliferously than most other members. Stepper and BulbBoy excluded. Other than SMS, who was member number 42 (hats off btw for being an old timer!), in this thread, the mods are the most senior posters. So complaining about "mods now overrunning the board" is baloney.

Latest posts

Top Bottom