Vietnam UH-1 helicopter pilot poser outed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
No, but if you yourself are engaging in vigorous discussion in a particular thread, you can't turn around and use your mod status to threaten folks who disagree with you. Step away and ask an impartial, non-participating mod to make a judgement call. That's pretty damn easy. If you can't hack that then don't be a mod and quit whining about how hard it is.

You also can't use your mod status to PM other members and demand they change content that does not violate forum rules just because you personally don't like it.

It's human nature. I get it. It's also not rocket science.

That sounds reasonable. But that's also not at all what you originally said.

And DH has not asked me to "defend" him. And as far as "using mod status to threaten folks who disagree with you", it's not disagreeing, it's stalking and harassment. Good grief, some of you make mountains out of molehills.

If a mod can't moderate just because they've posted in a thread, it makes them a target to jerks/stalkers such as Lurker. If you can't see that Lurker's/losertown people's obsession with DH is a continuing personal attack, then you've had your head somewhere the sun don't shine. I've always respected you as a pretty mature, level headed guy, but your view on this is pretty one sided. I don't know if there's more to the story that's being told places I don't read, or if it's the "Valor Thief" buzzword that has all you military people up in arms, but this issue seems to have the blinders on a lot of people. I wish people would just let it rest.

As far as stepping away and asking another mod, I've done that, and so have several others.

It seems any time someone gets their dainty little feelers hurt, they cry foul of the mods.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the attitude right there. There was pages and pages of back and forth in that thread directed towards both sides. Trump to anti-trump and the other way around,and it was going along just fine, heated but fine, until you decided you didn't like it...because your points were being argued against. So you pulled the mod card. Then, when you were dimed out, you tried to walk it back.

That is the kind of "moderation" that drives off members, stifles discussion, and kills forums.

Good luck with it Steve, if that's how you want to play it around here.
Your posting valor threads and then going over to the other forum and leaving a thread for lurker to see has also been outed. There are people that cross post on that forum that don't like what your doing.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a mod, you typically participate in every thread on the forum. Either by monitoring or posting. There was a mistake in asking posters to quit posting personal attacks in the trump thread by me in farmerbyrons post. It was corrected the next morning by pointing out that post asking members to keep on the topic and quit the personal attacks was NOT directed at farmerbyron in any way shape or form. The discussion was not being stifled. What was being moderated was the personal attacks against any of the trump supporters by the anti trumpers. They could not stay on the candidate, which is fair game, but went after the poster personally.
that's called moderating a thread, following the forum rules which I can post if you want.

Dennis my post was just me hypothesizing what I thought SMS was eluding to and what I thought was standard practice at one time. I would have sworn that one of the former owners implemented that policy sometime back, I don't know if it was KD of JBB, I could be wrong. OkumaSteve said he thought it was a good idea and I concur. I don't for a second think that a moderator shouldn't participate in discussions. Why would they even be a member? :anyone: But they shouldn't moderate threads they are participating in except under very rare instances.

To clarify, I wasn't speaking to your actions past or present, but I do think this is a good discussion topic for OkumaSteve and you guys to have. And maybe the rest of the members too if he desires. Again just my :twocents:

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lurker certainly has some time on his hands, some of that time is used for brilliant shenanigans that I find absolutely hilarious(not saying the DH beef is one of them). I don't know enough about the beef(not talking about wal-mart beef here either) to really have an opinion one way or the other, but I can see why he took issue........ There were some discrepancies in some stories being told around here that could've led one to believe that valor was being embellished(that is not a matter taken lightly by some and with good reason), and it was never really cleared up publicly(to my knowledge at least).

I myself misremember all the time, but if someone called me on it I would probably admit to and correct the error(rather than ban/delete/rinse/repeat) until I have given someone enough angst to spend that much time trying to prove the other party wrong/out them as a "liar".

If remembering correctly, most of my heated discussion came against RickN about marijuana prohibition, but we still get along just fine(and continue to agree to disagree on that subject). That doesn't mean we don't agree on other things or need a reason to be spiteful because of it(we still enjoy being apart of the same diverse community as we still share stuff in common), but to each his own I guess.

This place has gone through some ups and downs and has more to experience, some will stay and others will go(some will even be asked/forced to leave). These are certainties that we shouldn't dwell on. So start the campfire and start the singing, because im feeling a kumbaya chorus coming.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis my post was just me hypothesizing what I thought SMS was eluding to and what I thought was standard practice at one time. I would have sworn that one of the former owners implemented that policy sometime back, I don't know if it was KD of JBB, I could be wrong. OkumaSteve said he thought it was a good idea and I concur. I don't for a second think that a moderator shouldn't participate in discussions. Why would they even be a member? :anyone: But they shouldn't moderate threads they are participating in except under very rare instances.

To clarify, I wasn't speaking to your actions past or present, but I do think this is a good discussion topic for OkumaSteve and you guys to have. And maybe the rest of the members too if he desires. Again just my :twocents:
Noted. I wasn't referring to you. It will be discussed.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it was never really cleared up publicly.
It has been cleared up privately. No other person on this forum has ever been asked to submit their work history in writing and post it on this forum.

This place has gone through some ups and downs and has more to experience, some will stay and others will go(some will even be asked/forced to leave). These are certainties that we shouldn't dwell on. So start the campfire and start the singing, because im feeling a kumbaya chorus coming.
We need to get over this, and do what you have suggested, but some members of OSA are like a pack of jackal's. They smell blood and want some of it.
Humans are humans. None of us will ever agree totally. Some take it over top.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe I didn't read the whole thing originally, but from what I understand, it started over incorrect dates of deployment. Not claiming to be something he wasn't.

Vietnam was 40 years ago. If someone was off by 5, 10 years about when they were somewhere, who cares? My understanding of Stolen Valor is someone claiming an award, achievement, rank, service or whatever that they didn't achieve. Basic math says that someone who was 18 during Vietnam is close to 60 minimum now. I have trouble remembering my brother's and sisters' birthdays and ages. Don't ask me about when they did this or that. And I'm barely 30.

I don't understand the grudge match over such a slight. Get over yourselves.

As far as moderation, if people would be considerate, and go to the (or any) mod in private, it would most likely be dealt with much easier. I have done so on multiple occasions.

Some of these (ex)members are like Westboro Church, they jab and poke until they provoke something, and then scream foul. I have about as much respect for them as the Westboro people.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your posting valor threads and then going over to the other forum and leaving a thread for lurker to see has also been outed. There are people that cross post on that forum that don't like what your doing.

Get this straight: I don't give a **** what you did or didn't do 40 years ago so put the cute lurker disciple comments away.

I've been posting valor posts here since before the big database crash. I didn't post that and then run over and start a thread about it. Someone else brought it up and, yup, I commented on it. Even if I did, what I post on another forum is not the issue here. Your terrible performance as a mod is. You going to "ban" me because you don't like what I post elsewhere?

I'm an opinionated A-hole. I get heated and am biased. So are you. The difference is that I realize it and wouldn't become a mod because I know impartiality would be near impossible.

You should step away, but whatever. Y'all will do whatever makes you feel good.

Later days...

Last edited by a moderator:

ARguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is an Oklahoma gun community. We should get stuff like this out in the sunshine, get past it and encourage everyone to get along and nurture our shooting brethren. We have enough enemies without infighting. Keeping dissent or lies covered, hidden, bant, will only make the situation worse.
Why make this a pissing contest? Doesn't matter if it's Bartertown, OSA, Boomer Shooter, or whoever....it's not like it's some worthless chickens*** making a buck or mining our info.

Latest posts

Top Bottom