Vietnamese Restaurants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saigon palace 21st and Garnett

/end thread

I helped ef9turbo work security there one Saturday night. It was a grand opening of some sorts. Nice place, nice folks, some sharped dressed people coming in. They hooked us up with a to-go box of chow. Purdy good eatin'. All except for this damned chicken stuff that smelled divine, but it liked to have burnt the taste buds clean off of my tongue! :flamed:

I think it was curry chicken...not real sure. All I know is that it was hotter than the south side of Hell. :yikes2:

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread kind of makes me laugh a little bit.
I'm enjoying (actually have been enjoying) some awesome, authentic Vietnamese food for the last month now. I''ve been hanging out in Saigon for almost a month now. Eating Pho every morning (yum) and whenever I want as well. The Cha Gio (egg rolls) are awesome and so is pretty much everything else. But, to be honest, the first thing I'm going to do when I get home is hit Mickey D's or maybe Braums for a bacon cheeseburger. Not much to do here except try to keep cool during the day (not so hot, just incredibly humid) & drink heavily at night (I may have to enter a program when I get back, jk).

Ryan78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried Saigon Palace this weekend, and it was good!! I will definitely be back. Thank you to everyone that recommended it.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I tried it last week and enjoyed it as well. They didn't have Pad Thai though, but what I got was still great. I want to try the Pho next time. Seemed everyone was getting that.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Moving to the midwest from California one of the many things I have missed about north/central/bay area California has been a wide variety of really good Sushi and Asian restaurants as well as fresh seafood joints. Tulsa isnt limited in good Asian restaurants,just limited in a variety of Asian restaurants. (And over run with way too many good Mexican joints). Still,there are some good Asian places. And I would rather eat fresh healthy food from an Asian or a seafood restaurant versus a Mexican restaurant any day- even though I love both cuisines. (Italian,BBQ,steak,etc are all well covered in Tulsa).

I used to live in the neighborhood north of Viet Houngs when I first moved out here and would go there later in the afternoon after the lunch crowd died down to eat quietly. Spent many afternoons listening to Billy Trans military adventures while eating their Pho and other dishes. Used to be great,have heard different lately though from my inlaws who still live near there.

Is Pho Da Cao on 31st just west of Mingo on the south side of 31st in the back of the strip center still there? Wasnt bad. Huge spring rolls. They educated my wife on Vietnemese versions of spring rolls versus eggrolls. Food there was really fresh.

Saigon Palace has been a fave of mine in the past. Just ok.

Lately Ive been mega hooked on the noodle bowls,calimari,eggrolls,spring rolls, and pork and vegie dishes at Mekong River,a small Vietnamese restaurant @ 71st and Memorial just west and behind ToysRUs at the end of the strip center.

The OP- I see youre in Gore. (My stepdad grew up around Gore,Vian,Sallisaw,Nicutt,etc). We spend alot of time up at Tenkiller and Gore and alot of time in Ft Smith since I own property there. When I was a kid we spent alot of time in Ft Smith when my dad would be there looking after one of his businesses and some properties there. We even lived there a few summers during the 80s. Seems like I remember the massive relocation there of Vietnamese refugees? I also will never forget a Thai place my dad always took me to somewhere on Midland. Him and the old man who ran the place were buddies and they failed to warn me one time about a certain 'spicy' noodle dish I ordered. Like GEDs experience, it was so hot I thought they were trying to kill me. My dad and the old dude who ran the place just pointed at me and giggled while I fought for air. Those little stars next to an item on an Asian menu mean nothing to me now. Its up to the cook at the time how hot youll get it.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MeKong is not as good as it once was, it was for sale a while back and I believe is in the hands of a new owner now. The previous owner used to work for my wifes company before she and her husband opened Mekong.

NF have you tried Haruno at 71st and Memorial yet? It has become my favorite for Sushi in Tulsa and they recently changed their menu this summer when they added their new Chef Mike to the crew.

Latest posts

Top Bottom