View from the Tree Stand/Blind

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Star Firearms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw one doe as I walked in but that’s all. Good luck every everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_5930.jpeg
    IMG_5930.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of movement out this morning. Little bucks chasing does everywhere. One 10 point came out of the corner and scattered 4 does on the feeder. Didn’t pay them any attention whatsoever.
He rubbed on a tree, pee’d on a scrape and licked the limb above it, then walked back into the corner.
He had the mass of a mature buck, but not the tine length, so he lives another year.

IMG_2343.jpeg

Real slow now. Time to warm up some water for instant coffee.

IMG_2342.jpeg

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View from my tree stand. Can't see the far left and right sides of this plot. Tree stand is good for North, East and S/E winds. Have a ground blind that's better for any wind coming out of the S/W for this food plot.

Sitting yesterday afternoon, I had three does and two fawns come in. THey feed for about an hour. Then his buck came in from an unexpected direction, right in front of my ladder to the plot. He checked the does then fed for about 20 minutes and off he went. By the time he left it was past shooting light. His rack was barely outside his ears but was nice. I was torn to take him as his rack was really nice with about 9 points but his body seemed like a younger buck and I know more mature bucks can get much bigger around here.

At least it sure is a pretty place to enjoy some quiet. I'm bragging a bit and I know many have done much more/better but two Summers ago this was all untouched woods with heavy brush. Being from Socal and little experience on tractors, working land and wanting to hunt my own property I think it's a pretty good setup setup so far. And yes, my Iphone-8 sucks at picture taking. Really need to upgrade.

1700407394509.png

1700407480635.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom