View from the Tree Stand/Blind

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drizzling rain and the wind was wrong this afternoon for all but two of my blinds, and I let my daughters take each of those. So I went over to my neighbors to sit on their power line where I could see a looong ways. Didn’t see anything but Woody Woodpecker, and for whatever reason, he kept hanging out with me. At one point, he was playing peekaboo with me from the opposite side of the pole, no more than 2 ft away. Never had a pileated woodpecker that lose.

IMG_5057.jpeg
IMG_5062.jpeg

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He’s the hired hand of the farmer that leases our farms in that area. He’s putting in wheat.
I noticed this year most of the farmers out west seemed to have went no-till for wheat. Was pretty nice not having the beat up ground to walk across. (still muddy though)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drizzling rain and the wind was wrong this afternoon for all but two of my blinds, and I let my daughters take each of those. So I went over to my neighbors to sit on their power line where I could see a looong ways. Didn’t see anything but Woody Woodpecker, and for whatever reason, he kept hanging out with me. At one point, he was playing peekaboo with me from the opposite side of the pole, no more than 2 ft away. Never had a pileated woodpecker that lose.

View attachment 430422View attachment 430423

We are right at the western range of those woodpeckers. Love seeing them on occasion.

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You got that place looking sweet. Is that the little side plot off the big one?
Yep, I planted the plots with mostly wheat a little rye and some vetch. I left some of the indian grass, grease grass and little blue standing and cut paths through it. The rye grows well on my sand but I am wondering if its allelopathy is setting back my spring plots. Here's a pic of the larger plot. I quit planting the east side. I'll let it go to old field.
20231028_163644.jpg

20231028_163637.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom