View from the Tree Stand/Blind

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s the view from my tower. Since I primarily hunt with my crossbow, I don’t think I’ve been up here for two years
E2DD3DA9-9C2F-4469-AEC1-5FB810B9943E.jpeg
F91DAFB8-1AC2-4718-8395-1FD09A4CE293.jpeg

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Okvet03. You must be in your tower now. I finally got in mine a little before 7. Tire was almost flat on the truck and I remembered I was almost out of gas.
Wind was supposed to shift this morning. I'm sipping coffee and looking out the window at the cabin. I'll hit the high line this PM.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
PSA - ground blind mesh “shoot through” windows and 28 Nosler with muzzle brake don’t mix very well. I figured it would cause a bit of damage at muzzle from the flash but didn’t expect this much. lol. Got the deer though with 2 minutes of legal time to spare. No pics as it was too dark and it was not for bragging rights on antlers but meat for my family and one other who needed meat.
IMG_2701.jpeg

Edit: spelling and autocorrect errors.

Last edited:

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My views were pretty different than my usual rifle openers, and the deer weren’t very friendly to young eyes but we had a great time. We spent opening morning collecting and rearticulating bones from the “cow puzzle” they found in the pasture. Opening evening, I stepped out of the blind to relieve myself. Shortly after I left, they followed. They just stood there and loudly critiqued my performance and would not stop accusing me of littering. Being in a vulnerable position like that and getting “yelled at” by kids at arm distance took a few moments to become amusing, haha.
IMG_2916.jpeg

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
PSA - ground blind mesh “shoot through” windows and 28 Nosler with muzzle break don’t mix very well. I figured it would cause a bit of damage at muzzle from the flash but didn’t expect this much. lol. Got the deer though with 2 minutes of legal time to spare. No pics as it was too dark and it was not for bragging rights on antlers but meat for my family and one other who needed meat.View attachment 430641

Edit: spelling and autocorrect errors.
I know someone who did something similar.

He had 2 of the 4 windows zipped closed and the other 2 open with the mesh. He shot a deer with his 7 mag with the muzzle no where near the window. The concussion ripped holes in the main part of his blind. Big rips. Since then, I always make sure the muzzle is at least outside the window my an inch or so.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know someone who did something similar.

He had 2 of the 4 windows zipped closed and the other 2 open with the mesh. He shot a deer with his 7 mag with the muzzle no where near the window. The concussion ripped holes in the main part of his blind. Big rips. Since then, I always make sure the muzzle is at least outside the window my an inch or so.

That’s my plan from here on out. I hadn’t seen a deer until two minutes before I shot and it was within 20 yards until I shot. I would have been busted pulling the Velcro. Next time I will pull them if rifle hunting and only use if bow hunting. Replacements are easy to buy and it made me laugh when I saw how big the holes were.

Latest posts

Top Bottom