Wabbit invasion.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife seen a cottontail on the 4th this month as she was out at the farm told her that would be the first i have seen or heard of on the place in nearly 30 year and then 2 weeks later brother said he seen one so maybe they are making a comeback hopefully the quail will do the same.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked out there for bunnies.

1722113904449.png

Nope.

No bunnies.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife seen a cottontail on the 4th this month as she was out at the farm told her that would be the first i have seen or heard of on the place in nearly 30 year and then 2 weeks later brother said he seen one so maybe they are making a comeback hopefully the quail will do the same.
Build some brush piles before winter and you'll keep seeing them.
Thats all they need, food and water of course but they find that on their own. Brush piles provide safety from predators and they will move in post haste.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lot’s of rabbits around my place this year.
In the past, when a train would go through the town of Kiefer, I would hear coyotes howling. Not this year. I’m thinking that’ll change once word get’s out of the plethora of bunnies.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The fox living 3 doors down in the backyard of a vacant house is keeping the neighborhood population down. @ 28th and Hudson in Tulsa. LOL!

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Build some brush piles before winter and you'll keep seeing them.
Thats all they need, food and water of course but they find that on their own. Brush piles provide safety from predators and they will move in post haste.
There are plenty of brushpiles on the place i burned 10 big ones last fall and winter and havent made much of a dent in them and still have plenty of brush to clear it may take me 30 years to get it all clear if i live long enough.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got more rabbits than ever, I have coffee with them every morning, I'm also seeing fewer hawks.
Bingo! We have a winner here!
Predator/prey run in cycles. When the predators deplete the prey, they decline, then the prey like small game picks up for a couple of years, then the cycle starts over again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom