Walking Dead Season 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds bad but just stock up on lots of guns and ammo, at the bare minimum if you're well armed you can always take from those who arent............ Sounds terrible buuuut

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds bad but just stock up on lots of guns and ammo, at the bare minimum if you're well armed you can always take from those who arent............ Sounds terrible buuuut

People like that will be the first ones I shoot...even if they aren't stealing from me.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People like that will be the first ones I shoot...even if they aren't stealing from me.
WEll its the truth, gotta do what you gotta do to survive.Don't act like you wouldn't do it if push came to shove
and thats how the story would really go.
Sounds pretty bad but in all reality I'm sure that's how it would play out

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WEll its the truth, gotta do what you gotta do to survive.Don't act like you wouldn't do it if push came to shove

Right. I'm saying "do what you gotta do" in advance. Making plans ahead of time is the key....there are so many simple steps you can take besides planning to murder and steal in order to survive.

After the initial die-off, everyone is going to be armed. Resorting to banditry in order to survive won't be a "plan", it'll just be a faster way to end up in a ditch with a sucking chest wound and your guts pooling around you. I'll take a different path. :)

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right. I'm saying "do what you gotta do" in advance. Making plans ahead of time is the key....there are so many simple steps you can take besides planning to murder and steal in order to survive.

After the initial die-off, everyone is going to be armed. Resorting to banditry in order to survive won't be a "plan", it'll just be a faster way to end up in a ditch with a sucking chest wound and your guts pooling around you. I'll take a different path. :)
I didn't say that was my only plan, just saying being well armed is at the top of the list. Just a end to all, you can only stock so many things before you gotta go out and forage. I imagine there will be a fair amount of stuff around.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't say that was my only plan, just saying being well armed is at the top of the list. Just a end to all, you can only stock so many things before you gotta go out and forage. I imagine there will be a fair amount of stuff around.

I hear you. But I disagree that being well armed is at the top of the list. I love my bang sticks but unless one is independently wealthy you cannot gather everything you need in advance all at once. After a very basic long gun and sidearm...my priorities when it comes to expending resources in order to prepare for a disaster are water, food, shelter, broader security, health/wellness.

Being well armed with guns and ammo are 4th on the list. If you blow your wad on guns and ammo first and the 'balloon goes up' you will be forced to go out and forage, and put yourself at risk, far too early in the game. By placing the basic survival needs of food and water first, one can hunker down, gather information, and avoid going out and joining the initial panic.

Being deep in all preparations would be great, but with limited resources I submit that a deep larder of food and water (or access to water) will go a lot farther than a deep larder of guns and ammo. A guy with a .30-30, a few boxes of shells, and his grandad's .45 who has a pantry full of canned goods, buckets of wheat berries and access to a pond is going to fare better than a guy with a hotsh#t AR-15, 5 glocks, 5K rounds of ammo and two packets of ramen noodles.

I'm not bustin' on you, hope you don't take it that way...just playing this out for discussion sake. :) Let's have fun with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom