Walmart LP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yet LP doing their job makes them goons/ninjas/dumbasses?

The badass comment was meant in jest. A badass wouldn't feel the need to mention he has a knife or a gun.

You stated you dislike thieves, but you are also against LP acting within the law to arrest one. You even state that you may have been followed because LP could have thought you were acting out of the norm, but still call them names.

I'm just not seeing your logic as anything other than you not liking a thief catching a whooping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Innocent until proven guilty is in a court of law. The question here would be probable cause, which they likely had.

This would fall under citizen's arrest and actually has less rules than a LEO arrest. As long as they had probable cause and didn't violate his fourth amendment rights they are in the right.

These are citizens and have the same rights as you and I including the accused.

Sent from my iPhone using

Some of the comments disturb me, I hate thieves, but if you think that at individual should be apprehended and beaten by agents of a multi billion doller company over what you think is probable cause because you watched a 2 minute video of a parking lot altercation. These people are not law enforcement.

I was walking around Walmart once in the middle of the night getting ready for a camping trip, had a couple of these goons/ninjas/dumbasses following me around. Glad they didn't think I had anything, i carry a knife and a gun and don't like being beat up by people.

I have been followed by the mall no ja wannabes while shopping late at night, also. Difference is the Ahole in OP stole, left the building, and pulled a knife when confronted. He deserved what he got. Ninjas were VERY lucky.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yet LP doing their job makes them goons/ninjas/dumbasses?

The badass comment was meant in jest. A badass wouldn't feel the need to mention he has a knife or a gun.

You stated you dislike thieves, but you are also against LP acting within the law to arrest one. You even state that you may have been followed because LP could have thought you were acting out of the norm, but still call them names.

I'm just not seeing your logic as anything other than you not liking a thief catching a whooping.

Yes, I hate thieves. Let's get that out there. Why can't a multi billion dollar company hire some off duty uniformed cops like banks do, instead of some wanna be ninja goon dumbasses, to handle the ultimate altercation.

I don't steal and definitely don't want some altercation with two guys in t shirts in the parking lot because they said they were walmart officials. Sorry bro. I wouldn't pull over for someone I didn't think was a cop even if I was speeding, illegal lane change, brake light out. Don't care if citizens arrest has more leeways according to you.

I think they went over the line. They aren't cops. They remind me of a wanna be that would never make it on the force and was fired from the corner bar as a bouncer last week. I respect your opinion, don't give a rats ass if you don't mine

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm now waiting for the day when they try this with someone who hasn't stolen anything and their stupid alarm goes off. I never stop, just keep walking. I figure I didn't do anything wrong and have no expectation of being assaulted. Could turn real ugly, real quick for them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm now waiting for the day when they try this with someone who hasn't stolen anything and their stupid alarm goes off. I never stop, just keep walking. I figure I didn't do anything wrong and have no expectation of being assaulted. Could turn real ugly, real quick for them.

If the alarm goes off when I'm going out the door, I stop, throw my hands in the air and start hollering DON'T SHOOT! DON'T SHOOT!

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rooster,

I'm pretty sure most wouldn't be happy with the video even if it was LEOs instead of LP.

I agree with you that just because it is legal doesn't make it right. They could have gone a safer route. They could have made statements and given his plate number to LE and avoided the altercation. They put themselves in a bad position and were very lucky not to have been seriously injured.

The whole thing seems like something that happened in Florida, but that one ended much worse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom