Wanamaker Gun Show Tulsa - who's going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would a Tulsa city mask mandate apply? Seems like I saw somewhere the fairgrounds is technically COUNTY property and not considered within the city limits. I don't know if that is true or not.

Of course, if the venue requires it, Wanenmacher's will sure mandate it and it's all moot.

I am gonna go 70/30 they are gonna require masks.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I normally go with a group of friends that have had the 7A island for many years. Due to some family conflicts, this will be the first (scheduled) time I have missed since 1990. There were some shows where I actually sold more than I bought! Most of the fun is watching the people.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would a Tulsa city mask mandate apply? Seems like I saw somewhere the fairgrounds is technically COUNTY property and not considered within the city limits. I don't know if that is true or not.

Of course, if the venue requires it, Wanenmacher's will sure mandate it and it's all moot.

If it’s County property, I don’t see the Sheriff enforcing a city directive. I think it would be the states jurisdiction. Didn’t the Governor lift restrictions on public gatherings and events?

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Not sure why it's so hard to find a specific answer to this question... I always thought it was not considered inside city limits. I found an article from about 2009 that indicated it had been annexed, but some were calling for it to be de-annexed, but never found anything later with results.

According to this map, it looks like it is within city limits.

https://incog.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=41c81ca8750a47c7a907dcda55d469f7

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Being around that many people really doesn’t appeal to me at all.

Yeah, I'm guessing that this is going to be a packed house. They cancelled both shows last year and we're in the middle of an unprecedented shortage of ......... everything. Last month NICS checks were an all-time record: 4,691,738, mostly fueled by newcomers to our beloved hobby. And these first time gun buyers are desperate for guns and ammo.

I'm guessing Wannamacher is going to be packed with the above. Plus, there's always the added indignity of the cadre of overweight, undergroomed patrons in their motorized carts dragging a dolly full of guns stopped in the middle of the aisle catching up with their long lost friends. That's always a nice touch.

Add to that, given the unprecedented shortages, vendors will be asking even more exorbitantly high prices for their wares.

I think I'll pass this time.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm guessing that this is going to be a packed house. They cancelled both shows last year and we're in the middle of an unprecedented shortage of ......... everything. Last month NICS checks were an all-time record: 4,691,738, mostly fueled by newcomers to our beloved hobby. And these first time gun buyers are desperate for guns and ammo.

I'm guessing Wannamacher is going to be packed with the above. Plus, there's always the added indignity of the cadre of overweight, undergroomed patrons in their motorized carts dragging a dolly full of guns stopped in the middle of the aisle catching up with their long lost friends. That's always a nice touch.

Add to that, given the unprecedented shortages, vendors will be asking even more exorbitantly high prices for their wares.

I think I'll pass this time.

I think a pinto bean/cabbage breakfast is in order for the day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom