Wanenmacher Report.. What are you seeing out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of AKs compared to last time; saw at least a half dozen SKS "paratrooper" models, and one "M" model that takes AK mags - he wouldn't come down enough for me to take it home. I tried. Lots of the usual B.S., and did I see it right, that Rijas had two locations (one on the North ramp, and one in the middle of the upper level)? Ammo was just stupid, so I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it, unless you are looking for 12 guage blasting buckshot, then there were some decent prices. I did see some pretty good prices here and there on handguns - military style semi rifles, not so much. Magazines were stupid expensive like the ammo that goes in them; didn't see any real deals on those, either.

All in all it was a fun time, but I didn't have some VIP hand me an OSA card, though. Bummer.

******Important Announcement!*******

They came over the PA this afternoon, and announced that at the November show, there will be no more wheeled carts allowed! Now if we can nix the hoverrounds, apathetic spouses, and mid-aisle bullshitters, things will be looking up.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of AKs compared to last time; saw at least a half dozen SKS "paratrooper" models, and one "M" model that takes AK mags - he wouldn't come down enough for me to take it home. I tried. Lots of the usual B.S., and did I see it right, that Rijas had two locations (one on the North ramp, and one in the middle of the upper level)? Ammo was just stupid, so I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it, unless you are looking for 12 guage blasting buckshot, then there were some decent prices. I did see some pretty good prices here and there on handguns - military style semi rifles, not so much. Magazines were stupid expensive like the ammo that goes in them; didn't see any real deals on those, either.

All in all it was a fun time, but I didn't have some VIP hand me an OSA card, though. Bummer.

******Important Announcement!*******

They came over the PA this afternoon, and announced that at the November show, there will be no more wheeled carts allowed! Now if we can nix the hoverrounds, apathetic spouses, and mid-aisle bullshitters, things will be looking up.

I heard that! People started clapping! ha!!!

I saw the FGST and Doug. I saw a guy selling his crutches for $5,000! They were nazi crutches and he even put the german eagle on them with a sharpie. :lmfao:

I plan on going tomorrow also.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did anyone notice if the weatherby collectors from n Dakota where there upper level normally by the n end about middle ?

kevin40_2001

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got home......it was the typical show minus the price gouging on ammo. There were deals to be had if you looked around. A few buddies and I got there about 9am and got right in within 5 minutes. I saw several Glocks going for $750 but then again I saw them for $550 also so a pretty wide range. The price on ARs varied as much as anything. I did see tons of entry level rifles back down around $800 which is little high but nothing like the past few months. I picked up some reloading supplies and a nice backpack. I wasn't really looking for anything specific so all in all it was worth the trip.

Side note: I saw several guys from two vendor tables starring down a "woman" who was wearing very little and appeared to be cold by the looks of things. I laughed as I watched because I had gotten a close up earlier in the day and knew it was really a well hidden and altered dude.

BMPregler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if I am going tomorrow what time should i go if I don't want to wait in line noonish? Only reason I am going is I was able to pick up some of the freebie Sunday tickets so the wife wants to go as well I have not been to the W in probably 15-20 years

I left at about 11:40 and there was no line.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
just got back to edmond. like flatwins said, the guy next to doug had some deals on s&w 15's. if fact, i saw around a half dozen model 15's in the 350 range. if i didn't bring home a beautiful garand that i got from flatwins, i woulda came home with a 15. i did notice a few more vintage ammo dealers than in the past and picked up a couple boxes for my collection.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got home......it was the typical show minus the price gouging on ammo. There were deals to be had if you looked around. A few buddies and I got there about 9am and got right in within 5 minutes. I saw several Glocks going for $750 but then again I saw them for $550 also so a pretty wide range. The price on ARs varied as much as anything. I did see tons of entry level rifles back down around $800 which is little high but nothing like the past few months. I picked up some reloading supplies and a nice backpack. I wasn't really looking for anything specific so all in all it was worth the trip.

Side note: I saw several guys from two vendor tables starring down a "woman" who was wearing very little and appeared to be cold by the looks of things. I laughed as I watched because I had gotten a close up earlier in the day and knew it was really a well hidden and altered dude.

How close did you get?

Latest posts

Top Bottom