Wannamacher report - one word: Dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not at all impressed with the show. There wasn't even that many people there. Lots of empty space. Tons of junk dealers and acres of airsoft quality AR accessories.

That was seriously the most disappointing gun show I've been to in a long time.

Stopped by Bill Coye's table. Booked it to Busse's table, bought a skeleton Warden (they have almost no smaller knives there - very limited selection).

Then my son and I basically sprinted through the show and I didn't see but 2 places selling decent flashlights and one guy had a few ESEE / RAT knives (overpriced).

All through the show you could hear people bitching about everyone's prices. Many of the people were griping about fairly decent deals (I heard a couple of guys badmouthing OPS prices on Springfields when I wallked by and thought to myself "if OPS has bad prices, I wonder who has good prices?".

Didn't see much moving except for cheaper stuff.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are no more scared buyers so dealers not going to pay for a show, especially when they know they will not make a profit this year.

The dealers I know cannot afford to lower their prices for a show because they have so much into them. There is no profit margin.

The market brought the price of guns up and now the dealers have guns that cost them more than they can sell them for.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not at all impressed with the show. There wasn't even that many people there. Lots of empty space. Tons of junk dealers and acres of airsoft quality AR accessories.

That was seriously the most disappointing gun show I've been to in a long time.

Stopped by Bill Coye's table. Booked it to Busse's table, bought a skeleton Warden (they have almost no smaller knives there - very limited selection).

Then my son and I basically sprinted through the show and I didn't see but 2 places selling decent flashlights and one guy had a few ESEE / RAT knives (overpriced).

All through the show you could hear people bitching about everyone's prices. Many of the people were griping about fairly decent deals (I heard a couple of guys badmouthing OPS prices on Springfields when I wallked by and thought to myself "if OPS has bad prices, I wonder who has good prices?".

Didn't see much moving except for cheaper stuff.

Noticed this aswell.

This show was the worst Wane I'd ever been to, several out of state vendors skipped this one for whatever reason.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a cycle though. Those dealers need to remember that all those guns they had in their inventory before the big scare (remember, the ones they bought cheap then sold for a killing) are now gone, and now it's time for them to take the hit the market did, and the manufacturers...

I went yesterday and didn't think it was bad. Reloading components have started to come down. Small and large pistol primers were $28 per 1000.

There are no more scared buyers so dealers not going to pay for a show, especially when they know they will not make a profit this year.

The dealers I know cannot afford to lower their prices for a show because they have so much into them. There is no profit margin.

The market brought the price of guns up and now the dealers have guns that cost them more than they can sell them for.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got back. Too much way, way overpriced stuff. Large pistol primers for $35/1000? Get real. FAL mags hovering around $20 (though if you are looking for some, guy at 11C had a huge box of them for $9.99; picked 7 nice ones out of the box, though they are filthy). G3 mags for between $10 and $20? Holy shat, you can buy them all day long on the net for well under $5. UMC .45 250 packs for $100 (I think $84 at the Owasso Wal-Mart?). I did grab some more .22 ammo, and picked up my order from Powder Valley. But it was a little lighter (early) and overpriced. Crowd was pretty thick by the time I left near 2:00.

Latest posts

Top Bottom