War

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they nuke us, do we get the Billion dollars back?

Actually iran more than likely has nukes or at least enough U-235 to make one fast. Arguably a Fission weapon using U-235 is the easiest to build. If you look at the UNAEC their inspections are incredibly weak. So, I am not an intelligence expert but how long have they been enriching Uranium in huge facilities? Took the United States a little over a year to come up with enough U-235 to make a bomb without knowing exactly what we were doing. If any politician thinks they don't, they should be put in a mental hospital. More than likely we are being lied too that they don't.

Jeff Rasberry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might be putting this in the wrong spot. I'm more than happy to move to another sub if need be.

But, what would/does a war with Iran look like? Thoughts?
Well if they screw around like they did in Iraq and Afghanistan it could turn into another long drawn out cluster fu..,but if they bomb them back to the dark age it would be finished in a week or so

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One more time - what are the political aims of the terrorists?
Death to America. Have you not kept up with the news from Iran? Killing protesters while their leaders chant Death to America?
What else do you need to know to unleash the pride, LGBTQTIOX Military to destroy them?

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard "months" since 2003
I think they’ve been officially “2 weeks away” since the 80s, according to Israel. Sooner or later they’ll get Uncle Sugar to attack them, too. We’ve already weakened or eliminated most of their other hurdles to establishing a “Greater Israel”.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think they’ve been officially “2 weeks away” since the 80s, according to Israel. Sooner or later they’ll get Uncle Sugar to attack them, too. We’ve already weakened or eliminated most of their other hurdles to establishing a “Greater Israel”.
I wish you were wrong.

I was eating dinner with my son, my BIL, and my niece's husband this past weekend. All former military, two retired, my son did 5 in the USMC.

All were expressing relief at having gotten past the point of recall after separation. They seem to have a clue, and do not approve of the current situation. Funny how none of them are war pigs, it's almost like they have some insight on what the score is.

Veritas

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off an invasion would be very difficult, if you ever look at the terrain of Iran, it’s like a natural fortress, it’s also OVER three times the size of Iraq and we could hardly field enough troops to do the job there.
Also, Iran had spent a lot of time and energy aligning itself with asymmetric forces like Hezbollah, Hamas, and the Houthi. What that means is the insurgency that was built after the invasion of Iraq is already in place for Iran as part of their defense response.
They also have strong allies in nations like Russia that I would expect them to call on.
In short, it would be a mess.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First off an invasion would be very difficult, if you ever look at the terrain of Iran, it’s like a natural fortress, it’s also OVER three times the size of Iraq and we could hardly field enough troops to do the job there.
Also, Iran had spent a lot of time and energy aligning itself with asymmetric forces like Hezbollah, Hamas, and the Houthi. What that means is the insurgency that was built after the invasion of Iraq is already in place for Iran as part of their defense response.
They also have strong allies in nations like Russia that I would expect them to call on.
In short, it would be a mess.
Not if you have a lot of stock in companies that produce war-related goods it wouldn't.
As an added bonus it might take attention away from other countries that are wanting to expand territory.

Latest posts

Top Bottom