We left some in the lake.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went Striper fishing at Texoma this past weekend. My step sisters husbands have never had the privledge of hauling in a large fish. So we decided to pony up the cash and pay a guide this time around. We didn't want to get up early to go catch bait. Its a good thing because the guides were having trouble getting a substantial amount of bait for the day.

We hit the water at 6am and at 10:10 both of our boats limited out. We had the problem of having to toss long fish(over 20") back. We nailed the 20"+ fish first thing. Probably threw back 10 or so over 20"

ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_Fishing_20Trip_DSC_0501.jpg

ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_Fishing_20Trip_DSC_0496.jpg

Oh and we have plenty of fish after cooking only 2 of the 5 bags on Monday night. We could probably feed another 30+ people(excluding high school youth groups or sports teams)

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guided? Who was it? I heard a story recently of a guided striper trip that was over after 30 minutes of being on the lake, as in they caught their limit.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the Alberta Creek Guides. James "Booger" Grimes.

If you get into the fish and they don't leave you. You can hit your limit of 10 fish real quick.

Now take a boat that has 8-10 rod holders and 4-5 guys fishing(excluding the guide), get into the fish that are ready to eat and you will have a full boat rather quick.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice fish! I know how short trips can be. Sounds just like my last 2 fishing trips at Foss Lake. Catch your limit of fish over 20", catch and release several more and call it a day. Check out my pics in fishing success in the hunt/fish section.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man! Cut out the red... soak them in buttermilk... get out the secret batter...

So... where and when, exactly, is this fish fry? Is it formal dress? I have clean socks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom