We need to Arrange an OSA Meet and Greet/Flea Market Sometime Soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn, damn, damn, I'm on my 4, 12 hour night shift that weekend, and I want to go so bad. If I was on Days, it would be better because I would just have to take Vacation Sunday, but since I have to sleep, it messes things up. I'm going to try to figure out a way. I really want to meet you nice people, and I would love to see some fully-auto weapons, like a Tommy Gun or something. I've seen a lot of .50 Cals and M60's and M16's, but maybe if I could pay for the bullets or something, somebody might actually let me shoot one, I've never shot a fully-auto before. However, the chance to shoot one doesn't compare to the feeling of meeting the great people of the forum and being able to put a face with the User-names.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just talked to Ken a little bit ago and confirmed. The range is ours from 1-430 roughly on the 22nd. He will be glad to have us.

this is a snack n shoot and meet n greet. Bring your wife or kiddos. I'll have mine out there spending a fortune on ammo.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys ... a little forewarning ...

Not too long ago there was a thread over "there" about how Ken had called a group he let go out and told them they couldn't shoot their big stuff and full auto anymore because they had misbehaved. The guys over there apparently made quite the asses of themselves (Not my words, theirs ... go find the thread if you want to see just how bad). But I don't know if that was just the special for those idiots or if he was gonna have to apply it to everybody. Just one more example of how one or two morons can screw it up for the rest of us.

Anyway, the only reason I am saying anything is I don't want anyone to be upset with Ken if you get out there with your big stuff and he decides to not let us shoot it. I for one don't see a problem ... his range, his rules as far as I am concerned. YMMV ... obviously their's did ... bastardos ...

OK ... I'll add snickerdoodles to the list but you all BETTER be there if I bake all these cookies ... lol

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys ... a little forewarning ...

Not too long ago there was a thread over "there" about how Ken had called a group he let go out and told them they couldn't shoot their big stuff and full auto anymore because they had misbehaved. The guys over there apparently made quite the asses of themselves (Not my words, theirs ... go find the thread if you want to see just how bad). But I don't know if that was just the special for those idiots or if he was gonna have to apply it to everybody. Just one more example of how one or two morons can screw it up for the rest of us.

Anyway, the only reason I am saying anything is I don't want anyone to be upset with Ken if you get out there with your big stuff and he decides to not let us shoot it. I for one don't see a problem ... his range, his rules as far as I am concerned. YMMV ... obviously their's did ... bastardos ...

I guess I hadn't heard about that....he didn't make any mention of anything not allowed right now when I talked to him last night. But you said it best his range his rules. He has been fairly relaxed so far but I don't want any issues. I like to go out there on occasion

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I hadn't heard about that....he didn't make any mention of anything not allowed right now when I talked to him last night. But you said it best his range his rules. He has been fairly relaxed so far but I don't want any issues. I like to go out there on occasion

Hopefully he will judge groups on a case by case basis but I just didn't want anyone to be upset. There was some discussion in the thread about some neighbors complaining about some of the noise but remember ... I'm getting all this from posts of guys who were asked not to come back out if they couldn't follow the rules, so ...

I like Ken, I like his range, I like that we can go there, relax and have a good time. I just want to make sure everyone here knows the score just in case Ken has changed the rules for everyone.

It is truly unfortunate (I'm trying to be nice) that there are some people out there who never progressed past the Neanderthal stage in their development. And yeah, I don't care if they see this. I'd say the same thing to them face to face. It's not like they don't know who I am or where I stand on this kind of stuff.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hopefully he will judge groups on a case by case basis but I just didn't want anyone to be upset. There was some discussion in the thread about some neighbors complaining about some of the noise but remember ... I'm getting all this from posts of guys who were asked not to come back out if they couldn't follow the rules, so ...

I like Ken, I like his range, I like that we can go there, relax and have a good time. I just want to make sure everyone here knows the score just in case Ken has changed the rules for everyone.

It is truly unfortunate (I'm trying to be nice) that there are some people out there who never progressed past the Neanderthal stage in their development. And yeah, I don't care if they see this. I'd say the same thing to them face to face. It's not like they don't know who I am or where I stand on this kind of stuff.

only time I have heard complaints of noise was large amounts of exploding targets and when Steve brought out the M2 apparently...but if people cause problems I suspect we as a whole will nip it in the butt real quick.

But yes some people have not matured or progressed and seem to be reverting instead of progressing. I am sure I can take a guess as to who you were referring to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom