Weather post 2/2/2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep but my workplace still closed for the day. For most that would be a "Yay!" moment but not for me. If I don't show up, I don't get paid. Bummer.

The people that decided to close still get paid though, so good for them I guess.
Yeah thats how it usually works those making the decisions usually dont care about that cause they will get paid regardless what happens they dont care about those that does the work so they can get paid.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah thats how it usually works those making the decisions usually dont care about that cause they will get paid regardless what happens they dont care about those that does the work so they can get paid.
OR, maybe, just maybe, the ones calling the shots THOUGHT this storm was going to be as bad as predicted and did so in the best interest of those who'd have to get out and drive on the snow/ice? Granted, making a decision like this based on Oklahoma weather is iffy at best! Not trying to be the devils advocate but seems everyone starts with the negative instead of finding something positive.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My guys are hourly, but if I or my boss make the stand down call for safety, they get paid for the day anyway. There is no way I could take food out of their families' mouths (slight hyperbole I think) while I still get paid for a decision I make and enforce.

Latest posts

Top Bottom