Weedeater.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
kobalt battery for the past 3 or 4 years and like it a lot. Don't like replacing the line, but I've got my system down now.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@forindooruseonly there is a recall on the fuel cap on the FS90R.
https://www.stihlusa.com/safety/recalls/toolless-fuel-cap/fs90r/
I also use a saw blade on my weed trimmer mine is a 2 stroke and you got to get it spinning a bit to make good cuts. DANGEROUS but my saw blade is a 10" from a chop saw.

I do run my weed eaters for many hours.
I have a stihl 2 stroke and I am pleased with it.
Light weight.
I had a 4 stroke Honda and sold it to a buddy it was a long straight shaft and man was it heavy.
Made my arms hurt after 15 minutes of use.
I suppose a shoulder strap would be good but deep in the woods clearing trails that does not work out well.

I went 3.5 hours the other day with weed eater and a small 10 minute break for chain saw work.
Buddy and I both jumped into his swimming pool when we were done.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have the milwaukee electric battery weed eater. it eats anything and will run a couple of hours on light work and a little less of big heavy weeds. i run the big battery but i really think it would be easier and cheaper to just use several lighter less amp hour batteries so it is easier to hold. way much better than a gasoline weed eater by far.
Is yours variable Speed?

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m a Stihl fan when it comes to chainsaws. I get along fine with my 2 stroke Stihl trimmers. I enjoy finding and fixing up non running stihls but you can bet your azz I’ll never tackle another Stihl 4-mix! A neighbor brought me a Stihl 4mix pole pruner that was given to him inoperable. I spent many hours on YouTube and dinking with that thing but couldn’t get it to run reliably. I hate to base my experience on one unit but several other small engine guys I trust dislike the Stihl 4mix also. Stihl also has 4mix backpack blowers that suffer from the same issues. I knew a fella with a Honda 4 stroke trimmer and it seemed like a great unit. When it comes to gas powered lawn and garden stuff I prefer Stihl and echo. Just never have good luck with husqvarna. But hell I know there’s many Husky fans that complain about Stihl.

HKP7M13

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m a Stihl fan when it comes to chainsaws. I get along fine with my 2 stroke Stihl trimmers. I enjoy finding and fixing up non running stihls but you can bet your azz I’ll never tackle another Stihl 4-mix! A neighbor brought me a Stihl 4mix pole pruner that was given to him inoperable. I spent many hours on YouTube and dinking with that thing but couldn’t get it to run reliably. I hate to base my experience on one unit but several other small engine guys I trust dislike the Stihl 4mix also. Stihl also has 4mix backpack blowers that suffer from the same issues. I knew a fella with a Honda 4 stroke trimmer and it seemed like a great unit. When it comes to gas powered lawn and garden stuff I prefer Stihl and echo. Just never have good luck with husqvarna. But hell I know there’s many Husky fans that complain about Stihl.
I have had a HT131 Stihl pole saw for many years, something changed in the carb and it would run fine one time then it would not stay running the next time I would use it. No amount of tuning on the carb could keep it running. I got a replacement carb off eBay and it runs great now. I have to agree the 4mix engines have a strange carb set up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't believe where this discussion is going. Weed eating? WTF is that? It's been 30 or years since I've touched a weed eater.

1686887585524.png

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The new Stihl carbs are junk. I know the owner of the local small engine shop well, and he has switched to selling Japanese made Maruyama trimmers and Italian made Efco saws, and says everyone is very happy with them. I have the Efco commercial pole saw and have been pleased with what little it’s been used. I like the head design more than the Stihl pole saw. I also have the largest Maruyama trimmer/brush cutter they make and a very pleased with it for brush, but would not recommend it for light duty work. It’s too big, bulky, and powerful. I mainly use the circular chainsaw blade with it. I also use .155 line with it for certain applications. It’s an absolute beast of a machine, sounds like a dirtbike motor, and feels like one too. It’ll leave your arms vibrating for an hour after using it.

I did just buy a M18 Milwaukee and use the 12 amp battery. It’s my light duty option for around the house but does a good job on some of the thicker stuff also.

Lemay’s outdoor equipment in Paul’s valley is great for anything mower, trimmer, or saw related. He’s got a really good mechanic working for him and I know Billy personally, he’s a stand up honest guy. Can’t recommend him enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom