Weedeater.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Echo has had an easy life, used maybe 5 years and sat in the garage another 5 retired. I loaned it to a buddy aand before he left with it, I wanted to make sure he knew how to prime and start it but no fuel would come up the line to the primer bulb. Easy cheap fix so if you want it, make me an offer thats cool with you and I wont argue your offer.
It did run fine when I retired it. I no longer do my own yard and havent for 5 years

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2 stroke Echo here. I did try the Kobalt 40V trimmer and didn't like it. Doesn't hold enough line and is a pain to refill, the trigger speed control isn't very responsive and the trigger itself has got way too much spring in it and will wear your trigger finger smooth out. I have to trim around a boatload of decorative rock and go through the line. Trimming takes me longer than mowing does. If anyone wants the trimmer only hit me up I'll make you a deal. I'm keeping the battery for my other 40V stuff but the trimmer has been through maybe 2 spool fills of line and that's it.

I'm back to the 12 year old Echo that will probably run forever. It's burned several quarts of Amsoil Sabre Synthetic mixed at 82:1. That's a lot of tank fills! I didn't even tune it up until last spring. Not so much as a spark plug. The primer bulb is getting stiff but still hanging on. Easy fix when it goes...

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an Echo electric. It was great except for one thing, when it was on it was full speed. If you let off the trigger, it was off. I needed a variable speed unit. That;s why I love my Stihl 2 stroke. It's heavy and kills my back without a strap but it by God starts and works. It does need about a minute to warm up, after that you can full throttle it or set it down in the grass thumping on idle, If you don't let it warm up it will either flood or choke itself to death and you're gonna play hell getting it going again.

To winterize it I start it and let it warm up. Then I stop it and dump out the fuel, start it and let it run itself dry. I don't use anything but the premixed gas and oil in a can 50:1.

1686970522560.png

It's expesive but it has stopped all of my carburation and running issues. No alcohol.

I am currently looking for a battery unit that will run fro a few hours per charge, variable speed, and changeable heads, trimmer, edger, pole saw, etc.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an Echo electric. It was great except for one thing, when it was on it was full speed. If you let off the trigger, it was off. I needed a variable speed unit. That;s why I love my Stihl 2 stroke. It's heavy and kills my back without a strap but it by God starts and works. It does need about a minute to warm up, after that you can full throttle it or set it down in the grass thumping on idle, If you don't let it warm up it will either flood or choke itself to death and you're gonna play hell getting it going again.

To winterize it I start it and let it warm up. Then I stop it and dump out the fuel, start it and let it run itself dry. I don't use anything but the premixed gas and oil in a can 50:1.

View attachment 385413

It's expesive but it has stopped all of my carburation and running issues. No alcohol.

I am currently looking for a battery unit that will run fro a few hours per charge, variable speed, and changeable heads, trimmer, edger, pole saw, etc.
you asked if my milwaukee id variable speed. to be honest i think so but am not absolutely sure. but i will check it out and let you know on here

Latest posts

Top Bottom