Weedeater.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most people know this:

According to Husqvarna, “E10 or 15 gas absorbs up to 50 times more water than standard gasoline.” One of the biggest reasons to avoid using ethanol gas in power equipment is that ethanol can dissolve plastic, rubber, and fiberglass, and even damage the interior components of power tools if used regularly.

I never use ethanol gas in outdoor power equipt.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it's doing the job you need, it'll probably work for a long time. If you're doing a city lot or just up around the house, it's probably great for that, but he has to weedeat a few hundred feet of fenceline, plus around the house, loafing shed, storage shed, feed shed, chicken tractors, and so forth.
i use my milwaukee on the farm not a groomed yard. mostly to cut the rough areas. johnsongrass,sunflowers sandburs mostly. i do use the name brand string and i keep it short but it has plenty of power and battery. i also have an impact wrench a chainsaw small impact driver annd as of late several of the lanterns to use when the power is out or fishing etc. my batteries are about five years old i think. i have a charger that plugs into a cigarette lighter but haven't needed it yet. i like the 6 amp hour battery the best for weight and run time and usually get them on sale. i would like to try a knockoff batt some time just to see.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only oil that a 2 stroke gets to oil the rings and crank and piston is mixed in the fuel.

If you run that 2 stroke dry you basically ran it out of oil and better hope there is enough residual oil to keep it from rusting during storage.

In the mercury marine manual it states DO NOT run the engine out of fuel.
You can get scored cylinder walls etc from doing that.

I never run my engines out of fuel but I use my stuff year round.
My 1975 Mercury 50 HP is still going strong and it does not get ran out of fuel.

Works for some but I am not going there.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only oil that a 2 stroke gets to oil the rings and crank and piston is mixed in the fuel.

If you run that 2 stroke dry you basically ran it out of oil and better hope there is enough residual oil to keep it from rusting during storage.

My 1975 Mercury 50 HP is still going strong and it does not get ran out of fuel.

I don't run mine out either. I just put stabil in, mine starts every spring.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I don't run mine out either. I just put stabil in, mine starts every spring.

You can run them dry, but you need to fog them if you do.

Who sells Echo brand equipment? Lowes and Home Depot?

I think most of the larger Ace stores have them. The store in Blanchard has both. My top handle Stihl came from Ace. My big Stihl saw came Country Equipment.

The Ace here has a bunch of Stihl ZTR’s out front that look suspiciously like a Ferris. The owner said Stihl had bought Ferris. IDK about all that, but those are orange & white Ferris mowers wearing a Stihl badge.

Latest posts

Top Bottom