Weedeater.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Echo has had an easy life, used maybe 5 years and sat in the garage another 5 retired. I loaned it to a buddy aand before he left with it, I wanted to make sure he knew how to prime and start it but no fuel would come up the line to the primer bulb. Easy cheap fix so if you want it, make me an offer thats cool with you and I wont argue your offer.
It did run fine when I retired it. I no longer do my own yard and havent for 5 years

Appreciate the offer! You will get stronger and get better!

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/2825-20ST
it surprised the H E double toothpicks out of me.

That’s pretty slick looking.

I’ve got two 2 strokes. One older Stihl and a newer Echo. Stihl got to where it wouldn’t start if you primed or choked it, and if it ever died you were done weedeating until tomorrow. Took it to my guy, bought the Echo and kept on keeping on. I just grab which ever one I’m closer to when it’s time. Both are great. Echo is a lot easier to restring. It winds up. Pretty slick.

I don’t think a battery would cut it for me out here, but I used one with a cord for years when I lived in town. If I ever move back to town I’d consider a battery operated one, but when I do imma be too old to cut my own grass, and the nursing home would probably frown on me weed wacking the petunias.

Never heard of a 4 stroke weed eater. I don’t know about all that. I’ve got so many 2 stroke engines it’s not a problem for me to mix gas. I already keep 4 or 5 1 gal cans mixed up. What’s supposed to be the benefit other than not having to mix gas?

Edit at add - you guys running those saw blades on weed eaters are some tough dudes. The stihl came with a blade and a different cover. I tried it one time and swore that off forever. I think I’ve still got the blade & hood around here somewhere, or I might have thrown it away. Don’t remember. Don’t matter. I don’t need it.

Last edited:

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't believe where this discussion is going. Weed eating? WTF is that? It's been 30 or years since I've touched a weed eater.

View attachment 385191

WEEDEATER ?!?!?!

whiskers_2022.jpg

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
like many others I'm a Stihl fan. My Weedeater, Leaf blower, chainsaw are all Stihl. All of them are in excess of 20 years old and going strong. When starting to run rough or not idling good I put some "Mechanic in a Bottle" thru it....llike magic. I 've never had an ethanol issue that I know of. I keep 20-30 gallons of gas all the time that I rotate thru and always add Stabil when filling the containers. I also learned the hard way that not all 2-cycle oil is the same. I trashed a Mrecury outboard motor ( so the repairman said) by using a cheap-ass 2 cycle oil....so nothing but Stihl oil is used in my mixing gas.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
My brother had a Milwaukee 18V string trimmer for about two hours. He bought it because he has other Milwaukee 18V tools and the higher-capacity batteries for them, but he returned it because even on a full charge he couldn’t get through weedeating his front yard and the fenceline along his driveway.

Gotta have the BIG BATTERY for it then it works fine. I trim my front and backyard, slap my edger attachment in it and do my sidewalks and stuff then I stick the same battery in it and blow off my concrete with my Milwaukee blower.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
He already had the big battery. Even with the big battery it couldn't do the job he needed it to do, so he went back to 2-stroke gas (Echo, I think). He's got some tough weeds...

Dang. Well Im hoping my battery lasts a long time. I don’t want to drop another $250 on one. Battery cost is the con to Milwaukee yard tools… You can get into a Stihl for less than the cost of this battery. Lol

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauk...tput-12-0Ah-Battery-Pack-48-11-1812/305058854

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang. Well Im hoping my battery lasts a long time. I don’t want to drop another $250 on one. Battery cost is the con to Milwaukee yard tools… You can get into a Stihl for less than the cost of this battery. Lol

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauk...tput-12-0Ah-Battery-Pack-48-11-1812/305058854
If it's doing the job you need, it'll probably work for a long time. If you're doing a city lot or just up around the house, it's probably great for that, but he has to weedeat a few hundred feet of fenceline, plus around the house, loafing shed, storage shed, feed shed, chicken tractors, and so forth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom