Weedeater.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am very happy with my Husqvarna 4 stroke weed-eater that I’ve had for a few years. Starts on the second tug every time no matter how long it’s been sitting. Just kind of keep an eye on the oil level….say every 10-15 hours and you’ll be golden.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have only owned 2stroke ones. I know what 2 stroke and 4 stroke engines do. I wonder if you went from 2 stroke to 4 stroke, are you happy?
I made the switch fairly early. Long enough ago that the introduction of ethanol fuels ruined my 4-stroke lawn machines. Now I'm doing rechargeable electrics. I liked the Ryobi 40V stuff when I bought it, and the mower is still running, though I gave it to a neighbor. The weedeater crapped out on me, but the 40v batteries crapped out worse, and sooner. I've replaced them with the Ryobi 18V One Plus line. Not nearly as powerful, and the batteries don't hold a charge as long, but they're a bunch cheaper. And I have a bunch of their One Plus cordless power tools, so keep a bunch of their 18vbatteries around. This part of the experiment is not nearly over, but I've gotten pretty good lifespan from the 18v batteries. The lawnmower is only 16" wide, so takes more passes to get the work done, but it's good for a bit of exercise... ;)

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a 4 stroke for a little bit. I went back to a 2 stroke. When its replaced I may get the 20v or 60v.
I've switched my edger and blower to Ryobi 40v and except for the cost of batteries, I'm pretty happy with them. I even bought a small Ryobi 40v chainsaw to help keep the trees trimmed off of my roof and camper. For those items, I'll probably never go back to gas powered. My mower, on the other hand, I'm going to keep gas for now. I have a tendency to let my mowing stack up on me and I just don't think the electric mowers are made for tall grass. Besides, I only replaced those other with battery when their gas counterparts died or became problematic enough to me that I lost interest in them. As long as the mower keeps starting reliably, it can stay around.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 4-stroke Stihl weed eater. It works great. Don't recall the model number. I think it's the entry level model on the pro line. Or it was when I bought it 9 years ago anyway. Still (Stihl?) running strong.

Now that I have the mini-farm that was just too much work for all the weed whacking I need to do. I upgraded to the DR wheeled trimmer. Much mo betta for lots of trimming work and handles the really heavy line without issue.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have the milwaukee electric battery weed eater. it eats anything and will run a couple of hours on light work and a little less of big heavy weeds. i run the big battery but i really think it would be easier and cheaper to just use several lighter less amp hour batteries so it is easier to hold. way much better than a gasoline weed eater by far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom