Well Done Steak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
14A598D8-0FDA-4F36-B557-FD14EF2A81CF.png

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Filet - Blue/Rare
Ribeye - Porter - Strip - Med Rare

My Texan mother makes me grill her $38/lb filets well done. It sits, baking on the top shelf for half an hour before taking a sear. Still comes out more tender than I'd ever guess, but yeah, it's ridiculous.

Just done enough that the blood is gone.

I'm with you on that. I don't like my sides to taste like steak juice.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a study that said 1 in 3 Oklahomans order their steak well done. It's saddening. The cows already been killed, why murder it again?

I'm good anywhere between med-rare and medium on a marbled cut of ribeye... Just enough to turn the fat translucent.

Who's ordering well done steak? And do you put ketchup on it?

https://www.grillcookbake.com/outdoor-cooking/grilling-preference-survey/
My wife orders well done. I tell her that that is ruining it. I like mine medium to medium rare. As for me and seasoning just some pepper maybe a tad heavy on the salt. No stinking catchup or sauce. But I do like some sautéed onions and mushrooms on it

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm fond of t-bones and I don't want my steak well done and I don't want it to moo and squirt blood when it's set in front of me.......not sure what the wellness degree is called but I like a fine pink line in the middle of my steak.

t-bone.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom