well he vetoed it...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Given that over 40 US states have open carry with no ill effects, i think many of us are very interested to know precisely why some folk believe it's a bad idea for Oklahoma.
Can you explain that for our benefit, please?

Hell, man, that's easy:

1) We're all a bunch of drunken rednecks clinging to our guns and religion
2) We're all very violence prone compared to those who OC in states that currently allow OC
3) We're all irresponsible and thus incapable of OC'ng responsibly like those in states that currently allow OC
4) We're all prone to commit crimes to a much greater degree than the citizens in states that currently allow OC

Thus if OC were made legal in Oklahome we'd all hit the streets and start blowing away every cop we see and when we ran out of cops we would start going after the weenies in government.

In short our master, uhhh elected gooberner doesn't trust us; which really is no surprise considering his political leanings, ambition and attitude towards us Okies in the last 2 years.

NOTE to the SARCASTICLY Challenged: The above is sarcasm though to be honest it's not much of a stretch to imagine that politicians that vote anti-gun do it because at either a concious or subconcious level they really don't trust us.

Peacemaker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congressman Duncan is likely to reintroduce this for an override. The House is pretty hopeful to overrule the governor if it makes it to a vote but the Senate will be a challenge. We need to work these guys and not give up yet.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congressman Duncan is likely to reintroduce this for an override. The House is pretty hopeful to overrule the governor if it makes it to a vote but the Senate will be a challenge. We need to work these guys and not give up yet.

Just FYI to avoid confusion of the terms, those serving in the Oklahoma House of Representatives are called State Representatives and those in the State Senate are called State Senators. "Congressman" refers to a member of the US House of Representatives.

;)

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wanna bet he won't lose his A rating?

NRA was neutral on the OKC bill and to the best of my knowledge hasn't supported passage of any OC law anywhere recently.

The NRA has proven itself to be practically useless. I will not be renewing my membership and they have received a letter stating such.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not enamored with the open carry movement myself. It's not a real step forward, since it would require one to have a CC permit to OC.

I understand that there were provisions to remove penalty for inadvertant display of a CC piece (correct me if I'm wrong about that). This would be a good thing, but could be an amendment to the SDA that might have been fine with him.

Forward movement, IMO, would be to eliminate the necessity of a permit as has been done by VT, AK, and I believe AZ. This hasn't proven to be a problem either, so why not go for it all. The provisions of the SDA could remain in place so that those who travel could carry in states with reciprocal agreements. The biggest complaints in AZ seem to have come from those who earned money providing training for the carry permit.

Henry has signed off on the changes lowering the age for CCW and for incentives to attract firearms manufacturers to OK. We go from high fiving the guy for that to calling him scum because he vetoed a law that doesn't seem to accomplish much that couldn't be done better anyway. Typical.

And no, I didn't vote for him either time, just calling it as I see it.

cinman14

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I understand that there were provisions to remove penalty for inadvertant display of a CC piece (correct me if I'm wrong about that). This would be a good thing, but could be an amendment to the SDA that might have been fine with him.

That's the only real reason I hoped this passed... I never would have OC anyway....

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not enamored with the open carry movement myself. It's not a real step forward, since it would require one to have a CC permit to OC.

Forward movement, IMO, would be to eliminate the necessity of a permit as has been done by VT, AK, and I believe AZ. This hasn't proven to be a problem either, so why not go for it all. The provisions of the SDA could remain in place so that those who travel could carry in states with reciprocal agreements. The biggest complaints in AZ seem to have come from those who earned money providing training for the carry permit.

Henry has signed off on the changes lowering the age for CCW and for incentives to attract firearms manufacturers to OK. We go from high fiving the guy for that to calling him scum because he vetoed a law that doesn't seem to accomplish much that couldn't be done better anyway. Typical.

And no, I didn't vote for him either time, just calling it as I see it.

I don't remember high fiving sad brad for anything in his terms. He just vetoed the BIG incentive for manufacturers to come here, in case you didn't notice. You're right, this bill is a very baby step, but it's the only step that went to bradley's desk.

Savage250

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
"NOTE to the SARCASTICLY Challenged: The above is sarcasm though to be honest it's not much of a stretch to imagine that politicians that vote anti-gun do it because at either a concious or subconcious level they really don't trust us."

It's not that they don't trust us, it's the fact that they are scared of us. That's why they keep slowly chipping away at our rights. The less rights we have, the more power they (think) they can grab. The Constitution has been making Liberals angry for a lot of years.

thayton

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thats the way the rights were taken away, one small chip at a time and thats the way we will get them back short of something really ugly. Steady pressure will do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom