Well, I began my reloading startup today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone said something about when they got started reloading.
It was the early 70's for me and I used on of these in 7.7 Ariska (Jap).
[Broken External Image]
And yes it was very affordable.:lmfao:

Randall

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have always been able to lock my dies with the locking rings with set screws, set them once and unscrew them from the press without losing my setting,screw them back in to the press when I need them again and the settting is good to go. I use a Dillon too and buy lock rings with set screws.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I got my equipment set up in my shed. Figure it's cool and dry, good for storage, I can set up an oil heater when I want to work in it, and a fan in the summer. All I need to do now is get me a barstool to sit on and get some other projects done so the shed is clean lol.

ai633.photobucket.com_albums_uu51_JRSherman_Outdoors_IMG_2333.jpg

I haven't set up the powder feed yet, I'll get it done later and go with measuring the slightly difficult way for now, which suits me fine. I got my dies set right(pretty sure anyway). Thankfully Remington throws in an extra shell or two per bag, it took me 4 before I got the bullet seated to the right length. Now I need to get a bullet puller to remove them :rolleyes:.

Thanks for the help and support guys, I appreciate it and can already tell this is going to have me wanting to shoot more so I can reload more :D.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Within 5 years you will have 10X the amount of "stuff" on that bench - jugs of powder, bricks of primers, stacks of dies, and buckets of brass.:D

mec

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I was going to say that table looks very clean. Mine piles up till I can't stand it anymore and have to put a halt to all operations and spend 30 minutes putting everything back where it belongs.

That is the bad thing about having the reloading bench in the garage where I walk past it everyday....it is a convenient place to set things down.

Looks like a great setup....good job :thumb:

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

That table looks like a new hobby being freshly embarked upon!!!!!

Give it a couple of years and you'll have components piled on top of components!!!

Check out www.glockpost.com too for some real hard core reloading guys and reloading knowledge.

Good luck,

Alan

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wanted to throw out, that from my personal expirence, the lee powder thrower and beam scale are not the most accurate, other than that most everything in the lee classic kit are good. the only other thing I have had problems with is the lee hand primer, I found that using the press is alot less of a headache.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you've officially crossed over to the dark side. :yelclap:

Yeaahhh. . .I did. To the point I'm tossing the little cash I had left on a scope I really wanted so I have no reason not to shoot. I'm about $350 away from having this rifle decked out to what I want, and I may sell something else I'm not using to get there lol. This is compelling me to get off my azz!

Within 5 years you will have 10X the amount of "stuff" on that bench - jugs of powder, bricks of primers, stacks of dies, and buckets of brass.:D

If all I have after 5 years is 10x the stuff, I'd be in shock and awe of myself.

Yeah, I was going to say that table looks very clean. Looks like a great setup....good job :thumb:

The ONLY reason it's clean is because I just cleaned it to set up the equipment. I actually had just cleaned off the other end to set up a mini metal lathe my wife's uncle lent me. Thanks for the kind words!

Hi,

That table looks like a new hobby being freshly embarked upon!!!!!

Give it a couple of years and you'll have components piled on top of components!!!

Check out www.glockpost.com too for some real hard core reloading guys and reloading knowledge.

Good luck,

Alan

Thanks for the help previous and the help to come I'm sure Alan! Hopefully some day I get up to a fast enough speed to need your press monitor :D

Just wanted to throw out, that from my personal expirence, the lee powder thrower and beam scale are not the most accurate, other than that most everything in the lee classic kit are good. the only other thing I have had problems with is the lee hand primer, I found that using the press is alot less of a headache.

Reb I'm already on track with you! I was severely disappointed with the fact that the Lee scale is not adjustable leveling with a foot like the RCBS, but I got a complete Lyman 1500XP at the sweet price of $95 on ebay, so I more or less have already upgraded.

I agree with you too about the powder throw. Though I haven't used it, I'm going to be really cautious with it, as it just seemed really "soft" or "mushy" in its general construction. It's way too easy to work, as well as turn on/off by rotating the upper tube. I am going to use utmost caution with it, and may re-engineer it to have a little stiffer moving components.

Latest posts

Top Bottom