Well, I Did It

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats... It's by far the smartest investment hunting wise you can make here.

As far as where to go, you should have got the WMA atlas while there. I'd just start wearing out some boot rubber and knock on every door. Keep an eye on CL for leases and try to befriend every land owner you meet.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I said $775 so people would know what I was talking about; it was actually $800--I got the atlas. And I expect to start putting mileage on my boots again soon. I have a four-year-old who needs to discover the woods.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats: Something you will be proud of for the rest of your life. I remember when I bought mine they cost 125.00 dollars and I thought that was an enormous price..Like mine, your's will be payed for in no time...enjoy them my friend..Viking.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It will save you a lot of money over the years. Congrats and welcome to the hunting fraternity. We are lucky to be in a state with so much public land and it is not at all overcrowded if you get away from the land around Tulsa and OKC. Lots of game too. My advice is to go west or southeast and learn an area well.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My dad bought me a LHL in 1985 for $300. I should have done the LFL in addition too years ago but still haven't. Not sure how many times it's paid for itself, quite a few I'm sure.:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom