Well, I Did It

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
BS, its still way cost effective!

In one year I could spend....
Hunt/fish lic- $50
6 deer tags- $120
2 turkey tags- $40
Antelope tag- $50 (you can buy two so possibly $100)
That's $260 in one year
$775 devided by $260 = 2.98 years to be paid for
That's not including the second antelope tag or an elk tag. Not to mention tag costs of the draw in hunts if you get one.

Sounds pretty cost effective to me?

LOL, it was a tongue-in-cheek post, I was sure everyone would see it as such. I'm sorry it blew by you.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Few years back there was a moron arguing on this website that a lifetime license was not a wise investment and drew up some crazy chart showing how inflation devalued the tags and actually made it a bad investment. I dunno I think the guy was eating too many paint chips.

I know this, since moving out of state that lifetime license has paid off like dynamite!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If a guy were to hunt everything he could in OK, I came up with: $471 total that the lifetime hunting/fishing combo would pay for per year.
Annual hunting/fishing combo-$42
elk x 2 -$102
antelope x 2 -$102
deer x 7 -$140
turkey x 4 spring/fall -$40
fur -$10
trapping -$10
OK duck stamp -$10
rattlesnake :) -$5

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this, since moving out of state that lifetime license has paid off like dynamite!

What are the rules on moving?
Is it still good for everything here even when you're a resident of another state?
What about if you move out of state and then move back?

I should have bought mine years and years ago, but I had a few moves with work and it kinda limited my ability to hunt here for several years and so it just dropped off my RADAR screen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom